Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Suzuki has something kickazz in store that they aren't telling anyone about.

The Hayabusa has gotten no changes since it's debut. The GSX-R1000 hasn't recieved any changes from the last model. What's up? Are they concentrating all their efforts to racing? If so, we better see a lot of their developments trickle down to their street bikes.

Or am I wrong and the bikes have been recieving changes? I could've sworn I've read somewhere about the Hayabusa and the GSX-R1000 not getting any changes in two different articles.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The gsxr-1000 is only one year old too though. There probably will be a change to the busa though soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
GSX-R1000 thought an aluminum connecting pipe for the exhaust (or whatever it is it's chrome this year and last year it was black), new mirrors without stalks, and they removed the fast idle switch from the left handgrip. That's a lot of changes for a one-year old model, most are left as is for two years minimum.

Suzuki doesn't have to really change those models though, they're at the top of their game. Look at the Hayabusa, it has no competition. Same with the GSX-R1000. Now, if Suzuki is smart, which I'm sure they are, they'll either add power or take weight of the 1000 for 2003, since Honda and Yamaha will likely have Totally new Liter bikes by then, since the R1 and the 954 are kind of the end of the line it seems for that particular engine. Who knows.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i dont' think they need to do anytihng. nothing's gonna dethrone the king (1K) for a while. not even the R1.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Poster: hayabusa01

I think Suzuki has something kickazz in store that they aren't telling anyone about.

The Hayabusa has gotten no changes since it's debut. The GSX-R1000 hasn't recieved any changes from the last model...

<hr></blockquote>

Don't forget about the TLR, which hasn't had ANY changes at all...well except for paint schemes/images/icons/wink.gif.

I'm thinking this is the calm before the storm if you know what I mean. Just wait until next year and we will all see for sure.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which was the point I was getting at gsxr750y2k.... geez, don't you have a nickname I can call you by?

·
Registered
4,780 Posts

gsxr750y2k.... geez, don't you have a nickname I can call you by?

<hr></blockquote>

Sure...you can call me Steve if you'd like...a lot easier to type/images/icons/tongue.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif!!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
is it true that this year's the last year of the TLR and the SVS 1000 is gonna take it's place? I heard it's SVS1K) gonna be out as early as may...what have y'all heard?

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
The SVS 1000 is basically replacing the TL1000S. The TL1000R will continue through the year. No announcements about 2003 though/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
61 Posts
is anyone even buying the TLR's still? No offense but they are like Suzuki's ZX-7R. Too heavy and underpowered...just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
They are very popular here also. BTW: they are only overweight/underpowered if you are looking at a magazine...take one for a ride and you wouldn't think so/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I love both the Busa and the TLR. I do think they are ready for some updates however. I'm excited to see what Suzook has in store for us... /images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
3,700 Posts

Suzuki doesn't have to really change those models though, they're at the top of their game. Look at the Hayabusa, it has no competition. Same with the GSX-R1000. Now, if Suzuki is smart, which I'm sure they are, they'll either add power or take weight of the 1000 for 2003, since Honda and Yamaha will likely have Totally new Liter bikes by then, since the R1 and the 954 are kind of the end of the line it seems for that particular engine. Who knows.

<hr></blockquote>

No competition?? You don't pay much attention to motorcycles do you?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I don't know if I read it somewhere or was just dreaming but I think Suzuki is contemplating using the TLR body with the new "street-version" of the GP V4 pumping 165bhp for 2004.

Now, if that's the case... hmmm... lets see, if I start to save money right now, by 2004 I'll have... YES!!! a brand new V4 TLR Beauty with a touch of insane power!!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts

Look at the Hayabusa, it has no competition.

<hr></blockquote>

Ever hear of the ZX-12. I don't know if it matches the 'Busa's top speed, but it looks a hell of a lot better. I don't think Suzuki has the money to make drastic changes to their lineup. Granted, they don't have to touch the Gixxer engine for next 2 or 3 years, but the styling could use some updating.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Yes it does match the 'busa's top speed since they are both at 186mph... Slap them on a dyno and see how the 12R spanks the 'busa with 100cc's less displacement.

Acceleration, well we'll have to wait for some comparisons, but I'm willing to bet the 12R will win.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Gyxy2k,

That's exactly what I'm waiting for! The street version V4!!!

Do you have any information about it? Where did you get the hp #s?

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts