Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts would be on this deal on a green 2000 ZX-9R. The local Kawasaki dealer here has it up for sale for $7000, it's pretty much new, the body is flawless, very clean, completely stock. 600 miles on it. He wouldn't move on the price at all, but would give me a deal on the Muzzy stainless/titanium exhaust and Factory jet kit I'm looking to put on it. Total, he'd let it go for $8244, that's with the parts, labor, and tax included. Any thoughts on the price?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Coming from a dealer and it's mileage, I wouldn't do it unless they throw in a warranty. If they refuse, may be more to it than meets the eye. For $8300 it's not a "smoking" deal either. Look around at some private sellers and see what they are going for. Also, make sure you aren't being charged any "dealer prep" fees and such that they already made money on when it was sold new.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
$7000 stock to $8400 with a can and jet kit? He's not cutting you any breaks on the exhaust and jet kit. Here's what he might be charging:

$600 Muzzy exhaust
$100 installation (WAG)
$50 jet kit
$200 installation AND dyno
----
$1000
$7000 bike
x 5% tax (no idea what it is in WI)
-----
$8400

Kelly Blue Book is $8400 for full retail. You're not getting ripped off but you aren't getting a great deal.

·
Registered
976 Posts
if kbb says that, id say its a rip. i find that kbb is seriously overinflated. it said the value of my old bike was about the same as i paid for it brand new. definitely do not belive kbb.

The frog will fly at midnight.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dude - go into the dealer with 7500 in cash, wave it under his nose and say - "i really want to give you all this money, but you're making it hard for me..."

sit back - watch the fucker drool...and drive away on your 9R!!!!

Things To See, People To DO....

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

$50 jet kit

<hr></blockquote>

The Factory Pro Ti jet kit is $280, not $50. With proper installation (including machining) the total is closer to $600.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hell man, I will sell you my 2001 ZX9R for $6500.00 and it already has a full Akrapovic system on it a and Dynojet Jet kit. The bike has 5500 miles on it.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

1 - 10 of 10 Posts