Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, and it should have AMAZING handling. It's a single!
It must weight next to nothing.
Can you say LOW center of gravity?
Can you say effortless/razor sharp handling?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Whats going on here...looks remarkably like a Ducati...and so much for being heard on an electric motorcycle. Better have some pretty bright lights, or one hell of a horn.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
must weigh next to nothing? ha! the batteries and the motor will wreck havoc

__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks cool. Bet the gas mileage on that is through the roof.

Sometimes you're the hydrant, sometimes you're the dog.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Shotimer is right. With a hybrid bike (electric motor, gas motor and batteries) the weight will be a HUGE issue.

My whole perspective on this? (I know you don't care)

It's lame and it sucks. Bye.

·
Registered
883 Posts
It's a beautiful thing. There are lots of things that probably need to be worked out that wont get worked out till it's in production, but it's a great idea. If we can take steps towards eliminating pollution and dependence on fossil fuel that's all to the good. Performance will eventually be up there. Kawasaki is not the only one working on this, just the biggest. They probably wont replace sportbikes anytine soon, but for basic transportation, I'd love to have one and love to see them in general use.

Also, check this one out http://www.ecycle.com/powersports/hybrid.htm

"eCycle is developing a 150mpg motorcycle. The motorcycle will feature a 125cc advanced 2-stroke, direct injected engine and a 10kW electric motor. The projected weight of the motorcycle is 230lbs, with a top speed of 80mph and acceleration of 0-60 mph in 6 seconds. The target retail price is $5,000."

Not bad for a 125.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shotimer and shaft (shaft, no need to get agressive, I'm open to different opinions), you are probably right. I didn't remember that little detail (bateries).
Still, it looks great, as does their motogp bike!
The absence of exhaust makes it look even better (in my opinion!).

Is it just me or does the rear wheel seem to be smaller in diameter than the front one? Strange ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts