Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Don't really know but to be honest it's probably not gonna be noticable. It'll sound good though. Nice bike BTW! /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
212 Posts
if you want more horses, put some cool stickers on your bike, helmet, or maybe a fin on your helmet too. These give you more horses than you can only imagine!!! /images/icons/laugh.gif
so I was told... hehehehe

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is the best mod I ever done !
It made my blade 20 mph faster instantly!!!
When I start to gain speed, the wind makes it start swirling around in circles, just like in the cartoons.
The first time I used it I laughed for miles!!!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
LMAO, Fraga!

About the best thing a good slip-on will do is smooth out the HP and torque peaks and valleys some. Not a bad result from a few hundred invested, IMO, plus it'll stop sounding like a sewing machine...

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
With the R-1's you are right Jackson there. The point of most pipes are is not really to gain horsepowere. But to really improve where, when and how you get those horses to the rear wheel. And of course improve the sound. LOL.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't think some of you guys realize what FI has done to the bikes now a days. Yes, on a carb. bike you will not see much of a difference nor probably feel it either. Now on a FI bike it does make quite a bit of a difference. I have felt the difference on a number of FI bikes. AND YOU WILL NOTICE IT, expecially with a PC. The 02 R1 is a new bike so we will just have to see what a slip-on will do for it now that it is FI. I know that for the Gixxers it makes a very noticable difference. Either that or I just know what my bike feels like better then others know how theres feel.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Expect around 2-4 HP gains and that is all. You won't get much. I have a Micron Carbon slip on and love the look and sound.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I thought you got more hp gains from carbs vs FI? But FI was easier to work with? For example most 98-01 R1's piped and jetted properly usually went from 130bhp to around 145bhp. Thats a 15hp gain. I went from 129bhp to 137bhp with just a slip-on, and a dynojet jet kit on my 00R1.

I haven't seen to many dyno charts on the 02, but I doubt a pipe and a remap will give it a 15hp gain like a pipe and jetkit did for the carbed version.

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I don't think some of you guys realize what FI has done to the bikes now a days. Yes, on a carb. bike you will not see much of a difference nor probably feel it either. Now on a FI bike it does make quite a bit of a difference. I have felt the difference on a number of FI bikes. AND YOU WILL NOTICE IT, expecially with a PC. The 02 R1 is a new bike so we will just have to see what a slip-on will do for it now that it is FI. I know that for the Gixxers it makes a very noticable difference. Either that or I just know what my bike feels like better then others know how theres feel.

<hr></blockquote>

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm not talking full systems here!!! I've talked to two dyno tuners in my neck of the woods and both of them have been seeing around 7hp on a regular basis with the yosh slip-ons and PC's on Gixxers. I'm guessing it isn't that different with other FI bikes. I received a 6.7hp increase on my 1k with a Yosh rs-3 bolt-on and PCIII.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts