Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just moved to Seattle and my local Yamaha service person told me that I should go for Michelin Pilot Power tires since it is the best for riding in wet roads.

What do you guys think? Do I have any other choice?

Also, What is the sizes do I need to choose and where can I get it for best price?

Thanks a lot..

I ride 03 Yamaha R6.

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
2fat4me said:
Hi,
I just moved to Seattle and my local Yamaha service person told me that I should go for Michelin Pilot Power tires since it is the best for riding in wet roads.

What do you guys think? Do I have any other choice?

Also, What is the sizes do I need to choose and where can I get it for best price?

Thanks a lot..

I ride 03 Yamaha R6.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know. Are they running for governmental office? "MICHILIN PILOT POWER FOR SEATTLE!!!!" :lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have not run the Powers but did run the Sports. Compaired to Metzlers and Pirelli on the same bike in Seattle, I liked the Pirelli's the best.

I found that the Sports would take a while to warm up and settle down compared to both the Metzlers (M-1) and Pirellis. The front tire did not slide around as much too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Magic said:
I have not run the Powers but did run the Sports. Compaired to Metzlers and Pirelli on the same bike in Seattle, I liked the Pirelli's the best.

I found that the Sports would take a while to warm up and settle down compared to both the Metzlers (M-1) and Pirellis. The front tire did not slide around as much too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for the reply. Whos is best for buying and installation of Pirelli in Seattle?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Last couple of tires I got from http://www.eastsidemotosports.com/ I'm not actually a fan of the shop but the prices have been good and if I hand out downstairs by the shop while they change the tire(s) they seem to get done quickly. I live and work on the Eastside so they are convenant for me.

In Seattle, http://www.seattlecycle.com/ is a good bet. I've picked a lot of gear from them over the years and been happy.

I don't like mail ordering tires and taking them in to get mounted. Seems like an insult to the local business. Talk to them, I've found that once I figure cost + shipping + my time + installation, I'd rather pay about the same at a local shop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for the reply. I live in Bellevue, so East side guys are the one who told me that Michelin Pilot Power is the best since Pirelli Diablo wears out very fast.

I am not sure if I should go for Pirelli Diablo or Pilot Power.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.