Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have moved from Salt Lake City to Seattle last weekend. I heard that it rains all the winter here and difficult to ride my motorcycle...

Howz it like riding in Seattle? Is it something that I cant ride till march or April??

Please let me know and let me know places to check it out..

Thanks a lot..

*** I posted this in general forum but asked to post it here...

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I ride year round, or at least I have the last 2 years. Now my bike has race bodywork on it so I am only riding on the track. That being said, I have a trackday on the 29th of January.

Riding in less than ideal conditions is required if you want to ride during the winter here, but it is not unmanagable. :waytogo:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. What kind of rain jacket do you wear? I have to buy one with this unpredicted rainfall here, but I but it will be fun to ride if you have all the protection.

I already have a Dainese TH1 leather jacket, so I need one to just protect the rain.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
JCoulter said:
I wear this:

http://www.newenough.com/nelson_rigg_ax1_rainsuit_page.htm

throw it on over the leathers and it will keep you dry. Just make sure that the gloves you wear are waterproof and windproof. Mine are not and it makes riding a bit less fun, especially on my hour long commutes :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that looks pretty cool..I might have to grab one of those, not too bad at $52 either!

2fat: You don't have to wait until March or April..you can ride during the winter, we still have our nice days without rain, but yes, the majority of the winter is rain.

If you plan on riding in cold weather, you may want to invest in some cold weather gloves. I rode from Mill creek exit 189 to Burlington exit 229 and my fingers were stinging about half way.

Also come check out http://nwsportbikes.net
it's a board for local sportbike riders so it's a good way to meet other riders in the area and go on group rides and events

·
Registered
38 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
2fat: You don't have to wait until March or April..you can ride during the winter, we still have our nice days without rain, but yes, the majority of the winter is rain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I notice them more now that I have a bike. Too bad it is in storage right now...I do watch the other bikes out during the days and wish I was out there with them. :frown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts