Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im gonna get a dirt bike. I'm going to say that im not going to get into it hardcore..... but i say that about everything. I was planning on getting a 100 just to dic... screw around on :crazy:. I'm buying used. Should i go ahead and just get the 150? I dont plan to use it to much but you never know.

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
125 2-Stroke would be my guess. I 100 or a 150 is not much motor to pull you through sticky stuff and such IMO. If you don't want a 2-stroke, look into a 250 4-stroke. Sure, the 100 or 150 will get you around on a track ok, but not as good on rough terrain ~

My 2 cents

JM

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Unless you are like, four foot nothing, I would look into a 250 four stroke. No premix to mess with. If you decide you don't like dirtbikes. And that won't happen.... But anyway, if you don't use it enough to justify keeping it, you can probably sell the bike without taking too much of a hit.

But if you are really strapped for cash, then just buy a ratty 125 2smoke. Me? I bought an '82 Yamaha IT 490 2 Stroke for my first dirtbike. All motor, no brakes. I like pain. :bawling:

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
I currrently have a 1978 185 2-Stroke dual sport for fun ~

JM

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Spitzer36 said:
So im gonna get a dirt bike. I'm going to say that im not going to get into it hardcore..... but i say that about everything. I was planning on getting a 100 just to dic... screw around on :crazy:. I'm buying used. Should i go ahead and just get the 150? I dont plan to use it to much but you never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go with an Xr 200 or XR 250 . the 250 would last a little longer for you if you end up riding more offten(more power better suspension)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts