Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is an opinion poll. What shoes do you like for some seroious thrashing. Mostly in the twisties and track time about once a month. I am thinkning about the Bridgestone 012s for my CBR, but what do you guys favor? Milage is secondary to grip(well within reason).

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
For situations you described, I'd say 208's. I love them but they get expensive.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ditto the 208gp.

Go Big or Go Home. <font color=red>Or just make sure you make it home?</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have to agree on the 208GPs. I swear by them and to be completely honest, I would never put anything less than a GP on my bike...well, MAYBE (big MAYBE) a ZR depending on what I plan on doing but the way I see it, I would rather stick to the road than slide across it, even if it means replacing the tires more often. Then again, I only commute maybe 1 time a month...75-80% of my riding is twisties and track days.

Objects in mirror are RAPIDLY getting SMALLER!
'98 Smokin Joe F3 - Miguel Duhamel rocks!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If you can get to a race buy some pratice 208's for about 50$

Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
Pirelli's and Metzelers rule. Just check out the privateer paddock at the AMA races. Dunlop may have the big tire truck but at least half the guys are on Pirelli's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts