Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Berretta 92fs I was just wondering what kind of holsters you guys use. I was looking at a few and they were all rigid plastic and i didnt realy care for those. Any good sites or brands?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I use Fobus kydex ones. Mine you can adjust the draw angle. No top strap. Has a built in lock that you can only draw in one direction. Cant be drawn from behind you or from someone in front.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'm also a Galco fan. I have the Miami classic, FLETCH and an inside the waistband. I like them all and they all have situations where they are better than the others. Overall, I prefer the FLETCH high rise snap retention holster. I find it comfortable and secure.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
YZFRob said:
I use Fobus kydex ones. Mine you can adjust the draw angle. No top strap. Has a built in lock that you can only draw in one direction. Cant be drawn from behind you or from someone in front.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one of these as well. I really like it, although I haven't figured out how to change the draw angle. It took some getting used to, but once I did, it is simple now.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna check those out. I'm signed up for some "combat" shooting comp. in a few months so I needed something for that. I was looking at some plastic ones made for the 92 but i felt the inside and there were a lot of rough spots. do any of those have a padded inside? not that i'm anal but I figure it'll be used a lot and I'd like to take care of this gun.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
I tried Galco and appreciated the quality, but not the holster. Tried a bunch and finally got and love my Fobus kydex holster.

I was also going to get a FIST - also kydex but super-thin, but given that I can't concealed carry in CA like I did in FL I figure why bother. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
I have one of these as well. I really like it, although I haven't figured out how to change the draw angle. It took some getting used to, but once I did, it is simple now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you order teh standard belt clip or teh adjustable belt clip? If yours is adjustable, just loosen teh phillips screw on teh back of it where the belt runs through (took me 2 hours to get it where I like it and is comfortable drawing) and adjust it then re tighten and check. I would like to get into action pistol at teh range west of here with a stock pistol class (?) and have been practicing quick draw at targets 25yds out. Wish there was a way to time myself from the actual draw to fire.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
YZFRob said:
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you order teh standard belt clip or teh adjustable belt clip? If yours is adjustable, just loosen teh phillips screw on teh back of it where the belt runs through (took me 2 hours to get it where I like it and is comfortable drawing) and adjust it then re tighten and check. I would like to get into action pistol at teh range west of here with a stock pistol class (?) and have been practicing quick draw at targets 25yds out. Wish there was a way to time myself from the actual draw to fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have the standard belt clip. Although the directions I got with the holster said it was adjustable. I looked all over the thing, NO philips screw though.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
xspeedxracerx said:
I have a Berretta 92fs I was just wondering what kind of holsters you guys use. I was looking at a few and they were all rigid plastic and i didnt realy care for those. Any good sites or brands?

[/ QUOTE ]Lately I have stuck my pistol where ever I could get to it easily.....its the wild west here at times anyways...... :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
I must have the standard belt clip. Although the directions I got with the holster said it was adjustable. I looked all over the thing, NO philips screw though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you take the holster off the gun belt? Thats where the screw for mine is.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
YZFRob said:
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you take the holster off the gun belt? Thats where the screw for mine is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine doesn't have a belt attached. It's the "concealed carry" model.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Do you use a 92FS for CCW? If so, Holy Cow! I've a PPK/S & use a Galco. They make the best CCW holsters from what I've seen.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did use my 92fs for my c&c right after I got it. I have a nice holster that goes under my belt but its not very convenient. I dont really carry all that often though I live right near the border and I cant take it to Ohio so I just dont take it anywhere. I'd like to get a Glock 19 for that. I was gonna stop by Cabellas on my way home from the girlfriends parents but it was closed so i'll have to wait to see if they have any good holsters

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
FuManChu said:
Do you use a 92FS for CCW? If so, Holy Cow! I've a PPK/S & use a Galco. They make the best CCW holsters from what I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's for a Glock 22(.40).

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
CRE34 said:
Mine doesn't have a belt attached. It's the "concealed carry" model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. :laugh: Probably why it isnt adjustable.:D Mine is an external holster. No CCW in WI........ yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts