Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the above mentioned helmet and like everything about it except one thing. Everytime I look over my shoulder while on the expressway the visor comes open by about 1/2 an inch. This really gets on my nerves and it makes it tough to see when you get a wind blast to your eyes at 70 mph. Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Super glue! jk.. tape works better..haha No really.. i konw exactly what you mean.. i have a HJC currently and when on the fwy my lid flies open if i look too far over. The only solution i know of is a helmet with a lock or dont look so far over. Im sure someone has found another way to do it without buying a new helmet.

Heres one i just thought of but probably wont look so great. Theres a reflective band called halo ive seen at the stores. I think its supposed to go around the bottom of the helmet and is supposed to increase your visibility to others at night. Its a stretch band so i guess you could pull it over part of the face shield. Just an idea... like i said, im sure it doesnt look so hot when you try it. /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Hey amp i have the same helmet and had the same problem in the beginning. anyways i put on some silicon lube(usually comes with arai visors) around the rubber seal and the visor stays shut. never opened again..and i look back all the time now to test it..looked back at 130 mph and no lift..might wanna try that.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Position could have something to do with it to. At 130 i dont think id be up right. Chances of it flying open are more likely when youre sitting upright and for me it happens when i look back forward, not when first turning back.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i will give it a try i may have found another use for KY Jelly. LOL it won't destroy the rubber seal like petroleum jelly would.
Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts