Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all the \'02 r1 owners, Got a ?

I have a 02 R1. I have about 1400 miles on it. and i am having a problem! and I just would like to know if any one else is having the same problem. every time i ride a wheelie(stand up or sit down), the bike pulls to the right every time. i am good at ridin the rear wheel and this is the first bike that i have ever had this problem on. I have checked the wheel and it is straight in the swing arm(actully measured and did not rely on the marks on the swing arm, because i know they can be off) so i am at a complete loss. just let me know what you think

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Re: hey all the \'02 r1 owners, Got a ?

Oh brother.... this guy needs help!

Fill out your profile before we can help you! /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
5,011 Posts

Crown of the road maybe? Try doing wheelies in the wrong(left) lane and see if you drift left.

(hehehehahahahohohohoh)

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
920 Posts

Phukit, I don't think that is a wise suggestion. But I do agree about the crown of the road. I suggest try it at the track where it belongs, they are usually pretty flat. Also check the rear tire for uneven wear.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts

I was going home from work on Thusday in my POS truck when I saw the Yamaha Head Lights behind me. This was about 5:30PM. I had my new MC Mag in the car with the Yammy add on the back. I put it to my back window and the rider saw it. Then the road turns into a 4 lane, and the dude did a stand up wheelie flying past me. I was doing 60 easy. This is a rare sight where I live. This is the maybe third sport bike I have ever seen on this road. It was a 2002 silver R1. I caught him at the light where he was doing a rolling stoppie. I said how do you like the bike? He said it is great except it was falling apart on him. Said screws where falling out daily. Then he took off down the road in another insane stand up wheelie.

Anybody else have bolts and screws falling out???????

·
Registered
27 Posts

Take your bike into the dealer and tell them it pulls to one side when your doing wheelies. HA HA.

No really, I do own a bike!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts

Better yet,

Take the bike back to the dealer and tell them you need a rear wheel alignment on the thing. Explain that it's still under the warentee and you shouldn't have to put up the the thing pulling to the right all the time. When they ask you when it does it just say in jest that when you stand it up it likes to go right all the time and that your sick and tired of it....... /images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

could it maybe be a defect in the ply's/carcass of that new fangled 208f rear tire...? just an idea... i don't wheelie, but my educated guess is... that a tire swap will likely sort that.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Maybe it's your tire wear. One side may be worn out more than the other. Maybe from doing more turning or leaning on one side than the other. If you got the extended warranty, then just do like they do cell phones. Tell them it's defective and make them give you a new one. Better yet, tell them you lost it, pay the $35 deductible and get a new one. Then you'll have two bikes. J/K.

I'm so fast on my feet I don't need two wheels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts