Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ive had my bike ive felt 'hesitation' when opening the throttle. I had my carbs cleaned and sync'd and when i was in 6th on the fwy i felt the hesitation more then before. Is there a common reason for this?? or is it that my exhaust can has leaks?

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
posted this on another forum..

Alrite well after i took my bike to the shop and had the carbs resync'd and valves adjusted i had the mechanics check out my tensioner too. They 'said' the cam chain and tensioner 'look' fine. I dont know the extent of what they did to check it. Im gonna have to ask again. So i ride it for a few days and im still getting that rattling sound but this time i pay more attention to it and get as much data on it as i can. Seems that i can get it when im coasting along at a constant rpm, between shifts when downshifting, and slowing down even if i pull the clutch in. Its not 100% of the time but most of the time it does. What should i do now?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Did you just buy this bike? Does it have an ignition advancer? I put one on my bike and can feel a hesitation but its down low in the rpm. Once the throttle starts to open it goes away, also when the rpms are up it does not happen. Rejetting might help. But I got my bike jeted almost perfect and its still there, I just live with. Most noticable coming out of low speed corners. You might feel it more in 6th gear cause its a tall gear, when I'm in 6th under 7000 rpm, theres not a great response either. As for the chain tensioner, its not too hard to replace it.

<font color=red>CBRF293<font color=red>

http://members.core.com/~cpbrig

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damnit.. i just hit clear form on accident instead of continue. Dont want to type all that over again cus i wont remember it. Cam chain noise-its the tank... missing rubber pieces. Waiting on new sleeve and repack kit so i can have the jets checked/rejetted. Had the bike over 6 months and has no ignition advancer i know of. Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts