Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on deciding on my next bike the Tl1000R or the 750GSXR, I am coming from a F4i whitch one do you think would be a better upgrade they are both around the same price

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
really that's 2 completely different bikes and both are great. Personally I have always like the TLR's but it really comes down to what you want

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would get the TL but thats just cus I want a V-twin.As far as a better bike I think the gixxer is a better out of the box bike than the TL.

<font color=red>Whatcha doin?</font color=red> Chewin Chocolate<font color=red>Where'd you get it?</font color=red>doggie dropped it

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The 750 really is the best all around performance bike on the planet IMO.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could someone tell me the big differance between these two bikes? I want something thats quick and also going to be comfortable on long rides

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Get the tl!! I had the tls and loved the torque and the way people would look at me when i opened it up! the twins sound sweeet, however i would agree on the gix being a better all around performer as the tl is heavier and just feels FATTER when you sit on it, but , you will love the sound of the twin.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The TL'r has great low end grunt compared to the 750. It's also heavier and a V twin (as everybody said already) I think it's got a hydraulic type clutch as well. The 750 has great mid range and top end. IMO, neither are very comfortable on long rides, but won't kill ya either. These two bikes actually aren't anything alike (except for the suzuki thing.) If the comfort thing is a concern, a 9R might be the way to go. I've never ridden one but.. I dunno... Good luck

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a 1k gixxer and have no complaints about riding it for any distance. I put over 400 miles on it for bike week weekend, and could have put that much on in one day and not felt any discomfort. The 600, 750, and 1000 all have the same dimensions except for 10 lbs up for each size increase about. The TL is heavier. People look at me when I stop and say "wow, you are a damn fool with something that fast on the streets". Well I love it and wish now I had got this bike earlier in my life. If I were to get a 750 or TL it would be with out hesitation the 750 gixxer, but I got the 1k because it has better brakes, better suspension, better power, better WOW factor.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
in reply to:

If I were to get a 750 or TL it would be with out hesitation the 750 gixxer, but I got the 1k because it has better brakes, better suspension, better power, better WOW factor.

Well, I beg to differ. I've owned a 01 750 and I put 3300 miles on a 01 1000 before I bought my 02 1000, and the 750 is a better bike then the 1k(not power wise of course). It was way easier to go faster on my 750(when the roads became twisty) then on my 1000, but i'm not saying the 1k isn't any good, but come on...this is the Gixxer 750 we're talkin' about here. I do however agree with you on the WOW factor. The 1k is VERY fun to ride, and puts a big'Ol /images/icons/smile.gif on my face every time I ride it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

). It was way easier to go faster on my 750(when the roads became twisty) then on my 1000,

<hr></blockquote>

Throttle control brother!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't need to be told about throttle control.

·
Registered
234 Posts
One thing that is funny is Yoshimura had 2 test bikes with their stuff on for an article. The test rider said he could go much faster on the 750 compared to the 1000. The Yosh people told him he was seconds faster on the 1k even though he felt faster on the 750. I am not saying you are faster on your 750 or 1k. Just thought it was ironic.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That could be the case to. But I did feel more confident going fast in the twisties on the 750 vs. the 1k.

·
Registered
793 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I don't need to be told about throttle control.

<hr></blockquote>

LOL But anyways, the reason I said it was because my feeling on my '99 750 and my 1000 is completely opposite. To each his own, right?

·
Registered
698 Posts
That's a first. Everyone I know that stepped up from a 750 to a 1000 pretty much said the same thing jmoney mentioned. And these guys ride their asses off. Maybe the 1000 throttle takes getting used to. If I was doing a shitload of twisties, I don't think I would go past a 750. I think I would end up coming into corners too hot and end up eating it /images/icons/shocked.gif. Maybe I gotta get my skills up a bit /images/icons/crazy.gif.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
in reply to:

LOL But anyways, the reason I said it was because my feeling on my '99 750 and my 1000 is completely opposite. To each his own, right?

There is a BIG difference between the 99 and 00-02 750 and maybe that's why it was just the opposite for you.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I kinda figured that J. I don't have any other year to compare it to though. No worries. /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
823 Posts
Get the 750. I have had three GSXR750s and everyone of them was excellent. I'd still have one if Suz hadn't of made the 1000! As for the TL, I tried a TLR and was let down big time. I expected much more from it.

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts