Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type of resistor I need to make my turn signals flash at the normal rate?

I've installed LED blinkers on the front of my DL 650, and have the OEM blinkers on the rear.

I can give you brand/model of the LED resistors later if it is important; but I think there are 24 LED's per turn signal.

TIA.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I believe the 2 factors involved are the resistance rating of the new turnsignals and the total amount of circuit impedance/resistance with which the stock flasher relay is designed to operate. If you have access to a multimeter/voltmeter, you can measure the impedance (in ohms) of the stock signals that you removed and the new, LED signals, the difference between the 2 would give you the value for proper resistors.

OR, you could just call the LED signal manufacturer and see if they can tell you.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
alanheng said:
Does anyone know what type of resistor I need to make my turn signals flash at the normal rate?

I've installed LED blinkers on the front of my DL 650, and have the OEM blinkers on the rear.

I can give you brand/model of the LED resistors later if it is important; but I think there are 24 LED's per turn signal.

TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got just the thing for you....... Something to stop those LEDs from blinking too fast. CLICK HERE!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Change both sets!

Mine were blinking too fast until I installed the rear ones...

[edit] Mine aren't LED though..can't tell you if that makes a difference :blush:

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
alanheng said:
Thanks Kevap.

Does it come in synthetic fluid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the stuff on top of the page. Best quality you can get!

:lol2:

But seriously.... you need to purchase a relay. Check out this one... it allows you to adjust the blinker rate from 1 to 6 signals per second.

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=122

Or if you are a cheap ass like me.... then get one from autozone.

Tridon EL12 HD Variable Load Flasher

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
:lol:
I was watching TV and didnt read them at first, that cleaner just caught my eye. I saw the blinker fluid and was just kinda /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif "wuh" (hey, they got fancy blinkers these day's :crazy:)? That is halarious. Crossed drilled brake lines :lol:. Air filter bypass......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts