Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new arai or shoei but not sure which helmet to get.want to get some graphics or a replica but not sure on colours.I am not buying purely on matching my bike but dont want to get a replica of a suzuki rider?
I dont follow the races so i dont know.any suggestions.i ride a blue and white 2002 yzf 600r.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have an Arai Quantum f. Absoulutely love it, wont wear anything else. As far as graphics, i have the nakano replica and really like it. The only people i have seen with it are nakano himself (duh), an editor in one of the sport mags, and a local racer. So its kinda like havin a custom painted lid. /images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>Mile High Sport Bike Association (MHSBA)</font color=blue>

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Where did you get the visor? I can't find one. I'm pretty sure thats why a lot of places stoped carrying them.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Check out http://www.helmetharbor.com and http://www.helmetshop.com for the best prices around.

Also your best bet will be to go with either Shoei or Suomy as Arai does not allow internet sales on their 2002 models. So you will be paying full price for Arai's if that is really what you want.

Here is the Shoei RF-900 orbit.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Kevap,

I just got an Arai 7rr4 (2002). I too read that article that Arai would prohibit the internet sale of 2002 models. I got mine from Kneedraggers at a killer price.

~A

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just because Aria is strong holding internet sales doesn't mean you can't call knee draggers and have them ship you one. Aria is talking about the fact of physically using a computer to order it over a website. Telephones works just as well. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
566 Posts
no wonder I won't buy Arai or SHoei...anything to Make more money. my Opinion ( which usually doesn't matter) those two helmets are over rated and way over priced. Last couple of helmet reviews that I read top line of KBC and HJC were just as good, with about $300 less. met same standards, fit as good if not better. Sportrider had a good article on them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Aria is talking about the fact of physically using a computer to order it over a website. Telephones works just as well.

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, the new policy bans online, telephone, and mail order purchases.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
ny2nj is right. Arai doesnt want the liability of a wrong size helmet being worn by somebody involved in a crash. Check out suomys web site, they have some killer lids.www.suomy.com

·
Registered
964 Posts
I just bought the Ben Bostrom Suomy...Its sweet.

It's all fun and games untill somebody looses a knee puck.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the best thing to do would be go to a local shop and try them all on. ive tried on shoei, suomy, arai, agv and the arai is the most comfortable one out there. i have an arai quantum/f. just dont buy some cheap lid, this is the most important single piece of gear your gonna buy. so spend some good $$$ and get something high quality

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
living in Daytona does have its advantages.. I dropped my shoei cracking it pretty good (dropped on edge of parking curb) So I rode down to the helmetshop and tried on all the brands.. I wanted to get an HJC because of price but the Arai signet GT fit my head so perfectly I couldnt resist it /images/icons/smile.gif Got it for a pretty good price too.

G

·
I have an Arai QuantumF and think it's the best one out there (IMO). Very comfortable and lots of venting. My brother (who got me into riding) had me try on all other brands first, cause he said that once I try on the Arai I won't want any other brand and the Arai's are the most expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts