Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pick up a new helmet and I want something that is not so common. I have been looking at the FM line of helmets but I have never seen one in person. Is there anyone out there that has one or has seen one that can let me know what they think of the build quality, fit and finish, comfort, noise, etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
They all pretty much do the job so what it really boils down to is reputation and what you want. Basically im saying check out the helmets at a local shop.. the only way your gonna find something not so common is to get one airbrushed or custom painted. So try on a few brands and figure out your size then either get it custom painted or buy one prepainted.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
http://www.dexdirect.com

I orderd an OGK FF3 helmet from them... $513 delivered from the UK.

I'm the ONLY guy in town with an OGK, I get compliments on this lid all the time and my wife thinks I look cool in it... what more could you want?

YMMV,

M.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
SsSssSSshHHHHhH!!!!!!! Kramrd youre letting out our secret!!! Eventually.. you'll see as many of these helmets around as you see r1's and gixxers lol. How many days did it take you to get your helmet in.. as of wednesday it will have been a week since i was supposed to get mine from dexdirect. I sent an email so hopefully they reply.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Took me about 8 days as they said... 5-8 working days. You should get yours today or tomorrow :)

Which one did you get?

I hope you ordered extra tear-offs and an extra shield! Doh, I never thought of it... now I'll have to pick some up when I go to Germany on business this June!

M.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
when i looked the site said 4-5 working days.. Dougie replied to my email saying he can do it in 3 days. /images/icons/frown.gif i hope it comes in today. I got the red orange flame. No i didnt order the tear offs /images/icons/frown.gif but my friend is going to chicago in april so he can pick up some extra stuff while at cycle-ologist. If he wasnt id be ordering from them anyway. Robby is excellent so if you need any accessories or a new helmet get it from Robby at cycle-ologist.com. Theyre in the US. Tell him Tom recommended you. Might want to include small details like the helmet it tried to order from them but they didnt have my size so i went with dexdirect cuz im impatient. lol

5 days woulda been friday .. i guess 8 working days would be today. We'll see.. bike nights tonite!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
My buddy and I ordered SIDI boots in Dec from DEXDIRECT...well after 20+ emails with no reply we finally called the CC Company and stop payment. Dougie was happy to charge my buddy's card, but never sent the goods. We bought elsewhere....which sucks because we had heard good things on this site about DEX and their prices rocked.

Jim

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
NemisisCBR has the best idea. If there is a store/dealer
near you, go try one on, that way you will have the best
fit. I have an OGK FF3 from Dexdirect, myself. It is just
gloss black with friggin' decals all over it, but I like
it, and it certainly is rare in the U.S.(for now, anyway).
It is not fancy-schmancy like bladeruner69's lid/images/icons/smile.gif
I actually like my OGK better than my Shoei XSPII. If you
go that way definitely get an extra shield, and if you have
track days, or only dig clear shields then grab some extra
tear offs, too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I JUST ORDERED MY NEW HELMET FROM DEXDIRECT(FF3-OGK).

I HOPE I DON'T HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AS YOU DID. AT ONE TIME THERE SITE WASN'T TAKING A ORDERS, OR THEY WEREN'T GOING THROUGH. SO I E-MAILED DOUGIE WHO EMAILED ME BACK THE NEXT DAY.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I couldnt get my cc to go through on the site either so i called and left a message. Dougie called me back and took my info over the phone and said i could have it in a few days. I just got back from vegas after 3 days and still no helmet and no return email since he said theyd find out what happened. At the end of today im going to send another email if they havent by then. I heard good things about dex to so this really sucks. The helmet WILL grow in popularity because as far as ive noticed everywhere i go with my friend who has one, it gets LOTS of attention. I figure in the next 2 months 4-5 of the guys i ride with will have one. Its awesome. =]
Wheres mine?!? BlueIce.. let me know who your order goes. Did you try cycle-ologist first? There US based and Robbie is the best. And i know he has a shipment coming in this month which i couldnt wait for but the way my order is going i might as well have. >=[

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
between my helmet and my 2 piece Dainese K's i was more excitied about the helmet and theleathers came from the UK in 3 days.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just recieved a x-lite helmet(x-901). Don't laugh because it is a Nolan product but as a long time Arai owner I must admit this helmet is nice. It doesn't look second class when compared directly to the fit-finish of an Arai or Shoei. The graphics are bright, the paint deep, and all the details line up crisply (unlike a Suomy). What makes this helmet interesting is the aerodynamic details. It has a unique shape that reduces noise and buffeting. The visor, vents, pratically everything is flush with the shell and sealed with a weatherstrip. The visor system is trick and shield changes are just a button push and click deal. Pricing runs just shy of $300 for a helmet that is full featured with unique solutions and high quality construction.

http://www.x-lite.it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts