Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where i can find a helmet radio that attachs just to the helmet. i think i've seen them on some helmets but never asked the guy. i would appreciate the help.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
tunes of course... gotta play "born to be wild"... :)

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

gotta play "born to be wild"

<hr></blockquote>

LOL...that's what I play on the home stereo while I load up for a road trip, the wife hates it when I leave at 4AM./images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ok here is what I did.I use a sony sports Discman that has anti skip.It is velcro'd to my tank but you have to make some sort of a shock absorber for it.I used a 1 inch thick piece of foam and superglued velcro to both sides of it.It sits just behind the steering head at the front of my tank and the discman is velcro'd on top of it. On the headsets you have to make sure you have the speakers that are about the size of your ears ( not the little ones that go in your ears)You have to carefully remove the plastic band between the speakers so they are connected by cord only.With your helmet you will have to take apart the inner liner and fit each speaker inside the liner where your ear sits.You will most likely have to trim some padding and styrofoam out.Next use silicone to hold your speakers in place inside the cheekpiece and fold your liner back around it.Then just tuck excess speaker wire inside your helmet and put the cheek piece back in the helmet. All that should be hanging out is a small portion of the connection part of the cord. I found an extension cord that was compatible with the discman and I use that to connect my helmet to the discman. This sounds complicated but its not.As far as the extension it is the same cord used by chatterbox.This takes about an hour to do and works pretty good. If you need pictures let me know and I'll send some to ya.Hope this helps.

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
Registered
17 Posts
LuyMyF41, I wonder whether all this would compromise the safety aspect of your helmet. Would the ear pieces go into your skull if you hit the pavement hard? Not to discourage you on your music listening pleasure while riding, but you might want to consider this.

Aravind

Aravind
[email protected]
'01 CBR929RR, Black/Yellow

·
Registered
424 Posts
aravindgr,You have a valid point.I'm not a ballistics expert but to be honest with you I dont think the speakers would make much of a difference in a wreck. They are secure within the cheekpad.I guess maybe in a highspeed blow to the side of the head they could cause additional injury,but from a few of the motorcycle fatalities that I have seen up close it doesnt make much difference.If you take a hard enough blow to the side of the head; helmet or no helmet its lights out.

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the chatterboxes have an input for headphones, etc. I'm planning on using my MP3 player. It's the size of a pager, so it can fit anywhere...

I actually don't plan on using it too much, because I won't be able to hear things around me (horns, chasing sirens, etc...) and I get too crazy in my cage when I'm jamming anyway!!!

'Howie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts