Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and yup, as i said previously... even though it's nice, it kills me that we are seeing this BEFORE the 999...!!! LOL

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
could this thing be me MORE anorexic through the middle...? it's like a 125...!!! :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Whoa...pretty funky. Thanks for posting the pics, Shamar...

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure thing bro... :) more info. copy/paste from sv...

______________________________________________________________________________________

MotoGP Calling The Ducati Boys

By: Tony Carter

Cambridgeshire, England, March 29

The Ducati MotoGP bike is due to make its debut in the new MotoGP class in July but the trifactor of Troy Bayliss, Ben Bostrom and Ruben Xaus are all going to be given the chance to try out for a full-time ride on the all-new machine. Only one rider will be chosen to ride the machine alongside a more experienced GP campaigner who already knows the circuits in the blue riband class.

SPEEDTV.com has been told that the factory is in talks with Italian Honda star Loris Capirossi. What’s the betting that the USA’s pin-up superstar Ben Bostrom gets to play on the 210bhp+ machine as well?

Remember where you read it first

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
DROOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!

Long live the styling of the Supermono. The most beautiful Ducati ever built. /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
783 Posts
Man this think looks sweet!! any other angles? by the looks of this bike im sure the 999 will be a nice replacement for the current 916/996/748. just look at that tail section(looks kinda R1ish).

Eric
"some people have to piss on an electric fence to find out for themselves"

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope, that's the only angle/full shot ducati's given so far... :(

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Here's a cleaner pic:

<font color=red>Live it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Ride it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Race it</font color=red>

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
1024x768 Pictures of the New V4:
http://esport.sportbikes.com/news/apr02/000401_02_motogp.html

Sorry about the Buell ads but we need to deliver them, at least until the end of April anyway./images/icons/wink.gif

kman

<font color=red>Live it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Ride it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Race it</font color=red>

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bostrom, Xaus, and Bayliss will compete to see who goes to GP....God Dayang! Can the competition get any tougher...These 3 are already the top riders in their class...If I were Bostrom I'd be sweating bullets.

just Ride!

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Ducati unveils V4 GP bike
1 Apr 2002

Ducati has released its first pictures of the V4 GP bike which could change the face of the Italian firm for ever.

Ducati worked closely with us to allow MCN exclusive access to the pictures and key personnel well in advance of its general release on Monday afternoon.

That means our next issue, out on Wednesday, April 3, is able to bring you unmatchable pictures and exclusive coverage of how the bike was conceived, constructed and is being directed. We’ll also tell you what all this means for the firm’s range of road bikes.

It’s just one a host of world-beating stories you’ll find in the new, improved MCN, launched this week with 20 per cent extra… and all for no extra charge.

<hr></blockquote>

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/home

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
FIRST PICTURES OF THE NEW DUCATI FOR THE MOTOGP CHAMPIONSHIP

The bike will be presented to the world’s press during the Italian GP at Mugello on May 30.
The development of the Ducati prototype bike for the new MotoGP championship is continuing on schedule.

Wind-tunnel testing has been taking place over the past few months and an aerodynamic configuration offering extremely high performance levels has already been obtained, despite the shape undergoing constant development. The final version will only be defined after track tests and the intense wind-tunnel testing programme have been completed.

“Thanks to the freedom our engineers were given in the design of a new bike and a new engine at the same time, we were able to apply the concept of integration to the full”, declared Claudio Domenicali, Ducati Corse Managing Director, who is in charge of the MotoGP project. “In particular the engine has been designed in line with the demands of the bike, and everything in function of the position of the rider. The result is a very compact bike, one that has been created around the rider giving him maximum freedom of movement through corners as well as allowing him to take up an extremely aerodynamic straight-line position with minimum physical effort”.

“Extensive 3D CAD design has allowed us to analyse the layout and perfect the interaction between every component in a virtual mock-up modelled around the shape of the rider, obtaining unprecedented integration between all components”.

“No aspect has been neglected in such a demanding and important project for our company. We have therefore also given particular attention to the search for an extremely low aerodynamic drag, which we view as vitally important because regulations based on fuel consumption reward the most efficient designs. The excellent wind tunnel results have also been obtained thanks to the compact nature of the Desmosedici engine, which has enabled a bike to be designed around it with the rider placed in an aerodynamically efficient position”.

The tubular steel trestle frame and the exhausts pipes under the tail fairing, together with the desmodromic system and the L-shaped layout of the engine, maintain intact some of the characteristics typical of Ducati’s sportsbike models.

“The tubular trestle frame was a natural choice”, continued Domenicali. “Our victories in the World Superbike Championship confirm that this is an excellent technical design. The MotoGP prototype however has been built around an innovative structure, which by exploiting the layout of the L-shaped Desmosedici engine to the full, uses it as a stress-bearing member and reaches the required levels of stiffness with a substantial reduction in frame weight and dimensions”.

“The decision to place the exhausts under the tail, which gives the bike a ‘family feeling’, in line with Ducati’s road-going sportsbikes, was made above all because of its aerodynamic advantage”.

“Thanks to the commitment of the team headed by Ducati Corse Technical Director Filippo Preziosi, everything is continuing according to plan, and today we are in a position to announce the date when the definitive version of the bike will be presented to the world’s press”, concluded Domenicali. “The bike launch will be Thursday 30 May, during the Italian GP at Mugello. Ducati fans will also have an exclusive opportunity to see the bike during WDW2000 (World Ducati Week, Misano Adriatico, June 14–16), the event held every two years that brings thousands of ‘Ducatisti’ from all over the world to Italy to celebrate with us their passion for our bikes”.

·
Registered
783 Posts
well i hope bostrom wins the spot on the gp bike.his wsbk career in my eyes has been a big let down. so maybe this new bike will give him a whole new attitude for racing and he'll get his winning edge back!

Eric
"some people have to piss on an electric fence to find out for themselves"

·
Registered
81 Posts
In the 3 photos of the Ducati GP1 bike, who is the rider in the second picture. The blue helmet is either Bayliss or Xaus. All of those helmets look the same to me.
That is one sweet looking bike. Can't wait to see one in person.
The Rocket Man

If you see my bike on a trailer, please call 911.
It's been stolen !!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
OK, if that's Troy Bayliss' helmet, that raises two questions, one trivial, one not...
1) Was that really Troy Bayliss perched on that thing?
2) Who's gonna ride the Ducati GP1? Would your have Bayliss ride it when he' likely on his way to a good placing in WSBK? Or maybe Bostrom or Xaus?

If you see my bike on a trailer, please call 911.
It's been stolen !!!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Just to wander down TheRocketMan's thinking a little farther.. If it comes to Xaus or Bostrom, don't you think they'd want to keep a very expensive to produce bike out of the hands of a crasher like Xaus??

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
That bike is sexy as hell... but am I the only one who thinks that exhaust is kinda...err... strange? What is that, some sort of vampire hieroglyph? (I just saw Blade2 so yes, I'm an expert at these sort of things...) /images/icons/laugh.gif
I like that it's all encapsulated into a single can, but the ports... hmm... How about a sideways smiley face? :)
Did one pair of cylinders require a bigger chamber for optimal tuning? I'm sure there's a good reason (functional vs. aesthetic) for it. I can't tell from the pic if the pipe on the left side of the bike is as fat as the one on the right. Okay, enough about the freakin' exhaust... sorry.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
admittedly... i does kinda look like something i'd get at MIDAS... :) but i'll let it go for now... hopefully, the bike is still going through some stages of refinement...?

take a look at the way those footrests are actually attached to the unitized carbon fiber tailsection/subframe... (note, ya gotta zoom in close to see it) that looks kinda "haphazard" and "last minute" i'm guessing. very strange at the least...?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts