Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put on the HRC thinner Head Gaskets to increase compression on their bike? I am looking at doing this and maybe putting in a cooler plug and running higher octane fuel? I have an F4, but would be interested in hearing from anyone knowing much about this. If no on has done it, then I guess I will just do it anyways and let you guys know the results in a few months. I don't know whether to get the .050 or .100 mm under gaskets? I really hope Honda built in enough clearance for the valves and pistons. I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas on this. What's the cc of the combustion chamber in the heads too? Thanks

If the lines don't run together, your not going fast enough!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't forget it will alter valve timming, either advance it or retard it I can't remember. I have never fooled around with bike heads but I have had alot of automobile ones off and on. Sometimes when the machinist takes off too much they run really weird. You will have to buy adjustable cam timming gears and sit down and do some math to figure which offset bushings to use.

I did'nt buy it to ride the speed limit

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking since the cam chain has a tensioner on it all I would need to do would be tighten it up a little bit to make up for the difference...?

If the lines don't run together, your not going fast enough!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts