Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard it's been overlaid with gravel, at least below Hot Springs. Can anybody confirm that? What about north of Hot Springs all the way to Jasper? I live in NE LA and have a camping trip to the Buffalo River planned April 20-21. I need to know whether to take my bike or car. Thanks for the info.

Any plan conceived in moderation must fail when the circumstances are set in extremes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can't imagine the whole stretch of hwy 7 being graveled. They might be repairing a small section, but not the whole thing. Besides, there are many other great roads up there to ride, so take your bike!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies. Anybody have any recent first-hand knowledge of the road condition? I rode it last May and it was fine, but I heard it had been overlaid with gravel since then.

Any plan conceived in moderation must fail when the circumstances are set in extremes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I rode it last July and they were repaving several sections north of I-44. That was repaving, not gravel or chip & seal. It's unlikely that the state would gravel that road. It's too heavily traveled and they promote it in lots of their travel & tourism literature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts