Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is going to sound like I putt from the rough (not that there is anything wrong with that) but do you use a different product on your hair when you are going to be using your helmet? I hate when I go on a short ride and my hair takes the shape of my helmet. I usually use gel but I'm wondering if a wax type product would work better. My hair is short on the sides and medium on top. Do you ladies have any suggestions?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Don't use a wax unless you like washing your helmet lining alot!I don't have much hair left so if ya got it flaunt it!!!!Messy,greasy,matty,roots showin,bent....flaunt it baby!!!I guess I just have Folical envy!!LOL!!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
i used to be able to pull off just flat hair but that was with a looser helmet. A fitting helmet destroys all that.

If you wear the helmet often you probably want to keep your hair clean.. let the hair breath even if its with a helmet on. Better suffocating.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wear a "do-rag" ...actually, the one I have now is leather... some people call them "skull caps" but a plain ole bandanna will work if you fold it smoothly. The cool thing is that when the funkitude goes up on the do-rag, all I gotta do is wash that(or get a new one) and not the helmet lining... and I leave it on when I take the helmet off... it still looks a little odd, but it's obvious that I'm riding and it does hide the hair.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
i keep a bandana in my helmet too. Helps to keep the hair flat for those of us who have helmets with non flat padding. When its really bad i wear the bandana.. otherwise i think they know why my hair is so wack! lol

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Catsis~ I wear a black "do-rag" but mine is made of cotton, not leather. It does the job fairly well but nothing's going to make your hair NOT look like you haven't worn a helemt.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
just shave your head.. hahaha /images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!"

G

·
Grow your hair out long. I pull mine up into a bun of sorts inside the helmet... after a few hours of riding when I pull my hair down it's all curly and soft. Just as if it'd been up in curlers. Check out my profile pic, that's my helmet hair. /images/icons/smile.gif And I hold it up with just one bobby pin, so it's real easy to put up and take down.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Thanks for the bandana tip, I'll have to try that..Anything is better than having that shark fin running down the center of my head, from my shoei. Nice helmet hair Mary /images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just got some goodies in the mailbox...

I wrote to Hindle and asked for some stickers/paraphenalia with the Hindle logo on it because I didn't get any of that stuff with my exhaust system when I bought it... Lee Hindle sent me a package with some goodies in it:

...now I can hide my helmet-head and promote the Hindle stuff at the same time! (Their stuff really is top-notch).

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

just shave your head.. hahaha

<hr></blockquote>

I'm not shaving the head till it recedes too far back. I've got to show it while I still have it.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
keep mine shaved....shorter hair level makes me look bigger, same with broadening out my shoulders and slimming my waist, it's all an illusion hehe /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
325 Posts
Since we're on the subject, anyone have any ideas for really long hair? My hair is waist lengh and I braid it, but it still always gets gnatted at the nape of my neck. It's too long to be comfortable in a bun under the helmet as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts