Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out the TS185 I've been working on for a while today! :smile Took it down to my parents where there's about 30 acres of mixed open field & woods. I had forgotten how much fun dirt riding was :grin

I absolutely rung out that 30-year old 2-stroke. Sliding the rear, bouncing over obstacles, throwing roost out of the corners, getting suprised by wheelies, and all that.

Despite the throttle stuck a couple times & the 1st time wound up with me taking an off-bike excursion, it was a blast. 2-strokes a way too much fun. I need a CR500 or a KX500 now... Pretty sure Curious1 knows WAY better than to let me have either :lol

Either way, I now know I need to split the case & check the seal that keeps the tranny oil out of the crankcase. The smoke started smelling rather odd about half-way through my outing. The CCI oil injection system had a lot of bubbles in one of the oil lines, so I really need to look into that before I fry a bearing or something. Not to mention the 2-year old fork seals are toast after today too...

Wringing a 2-stroke out is a LOT of fun :ridin

JM

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Well, I'm only about half a year late to this party....

Have you ridden any more dirt since then? If you cannot afford a nice used 500cc two stroke, you could just shove about a pound of gun powder up your bung-hole and light it. Basically the same result. :burnout

Sure would be cool to have one of the last couple model years of the CR500. Damn, that would be a HOOT!:ridin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts