Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody this is my first post .I was wondering since the release of the gixxer 1000 in 2001 what were the actual hp gains over the next 3 years.I had the gix 1 first day it dropped, i was the first guy around here(boston) with 1 .I was also the only guy commuting on a bike in the cold ! in a carrhartt snow suit everyday 2hrs to work.I now have an 04 but if the 05 has 160+rear wheel hp i will be getting an 05.This is my current one

Its the only bike i ever had with0 miles on it i put these 2 on before i left the dealership.Ride on

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
If you want the '05 mainly because it has 160rwhp, why not just get a nice full exhaust system like an Arata or Akrapovic....one of those with a PCIII should have you at almost 160rwhp if not 160. I know a guy who put down 162rwhp on his '03 GSXR1k with a full arata and PCIII, but he might of had a few extra little mods like shortstacks/tre/ect, some other small little tricks? That'd certainly be cheaper than buying a new bike, but then again it looks like you own several so that probably isn't a problem for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts