Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of prices has everyone seen on the 750's(2002)?
my dealer quoted me $10,000 OTD. good or bad? in SoCal at Malcom Smith

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
That sounds pretty high to me/images/icons/crazy.gif
I don't really know but I would think anything over $9,500 is a little high

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Nottobright...he said Out The Door, not before tax and all that other sh-t. $10,000 OTD sounds pretty good to me.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
How can $10,000 OTD sound high when it retails for $9499? OTD means with everything included. If you payed retail for the bike you'd be over or close to $11,000 once you add in tax,license,set up,...etc.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what the sticker price was $9449.00. I think that's standard. They also said your not going to find a better deal once spring comes, because of the demand.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
I paid about $10K OTD also but I was pretty much the first one in my area (first week they hit the shops) to get mine so I expected to pay retail. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to talk him down a little bit more/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
i just got a quote on saturday here in NJ. the dealer is selling them for 9800.00 OTD, 2002 models. i want one bad but i think i'll get hosed on a trade in. anyone want
a clean zx6r

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
ugh 10 k for a new gixxer? how much are 9rs runnin these days....how does 10k compare to the liter bikes, or the 954? aren't they all relatively close to 10k?

willie

·
Registered
61 Posts
The new 954 is 10600. Oh and 10000 out the door is not a bad deal on an 02 750. You might be able to shave a couple hundred more but not much more than that for the 02. If it is an 01 you can do better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ive seen leftover erion racing 929s advertised for 7500 or so. If you can find one in your area that would be the most bang for the buck. Hell of a deal. Thats only if you feel like explaining to everyone why the hell you would want to ride a Honda./images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
64 Posts
You guys are getting ripped off. A shop in Illinois was selling 2002 750's for $7900 + tax, title,freight and prep. The bike retails for $9449 and $10k out the door is putting over $1000 in your dealers pocket. Shop around and even entertain the idea of buying out of state and then registering and paying tax when you register it.

"when in doubt......upshift!"

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There's always gonna be some dealership somewhere that's going to be selling a givin' bike for real cheap. Sorry but, $7900 is going to be VERY RARE to find at a dealership, at least around here in MN anyways.
BTW, once you add in tax, title, freight and prep you're still gonna be up there in price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys and gals, I paid $8600 OTD for an 01 gixxer750, but that was back in September (the 8th, to be exact). Fall/winter are really the best time to buy. This time of the year dealers may not want to talk $$ other than MSRP, people WANT bikes now that the weather's warming up.

My advice: search far and wide, and if the price difference is worth the trip, go get it!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
During this past winter I know a place that was selling '01 1000's for $8595 +tax/license/prep fees. I got a quote for $9100 OTD. It was a little far for me to go or I would have got it. I'm planning a road trip for this coming winter!

My toys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts