Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
More bikes than brains
5,319 Posts
some come with rear seats, other with the plastic cowl. It all depends on the dealer, I think. the place I go to gives you both with the purchase (GSXR). My SV650S comes with the rear seat, and as far as i know Suzuki does not make a rear cowl for my bike.

·
More bikes than brains
5,319 Posts
the trunk... rear cowl and the rear seat go in the same place... one is a seat, and the other is just plastic to give your bike that uniform "solo tail" look, they are interchangeable... is your Honda CBR any different?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya theres space under the back but i cant get a cowl for it as u can see if you look at the pic it would be pretty hard to put it on if they made one,

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
gibby if you're steppin away from that cbr for a gsxr (boo!), but still if i was gonna go for as uzook after soem 600 honda experience i would definitely go gixxer 750....lightening fast light, and handle nice....just my opinion, and i might be doing it next season too

willie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havnt made up my mind yet i might keep it for a few more seasons but im not quite sure. The gsxr i have heard many good stories about and lots of ppl tell me suzuki's have more power. I really like my cbr and im not sure i want to get rid of it quite yet

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
i was in the same position as you about 2 weeks ago haha:) i was considering selling my bike to upgrade to a 9 or 750... i decided to keep it at least one more season, try to get a lil track time and maybe hit a riding school, and to amass a lot more money so i don't settle on a machine that i'm not head over heels for...i only have about 7k on my cbr right now, i'll at least double that this season...best of luck, i'd say stick with your f4 for another season though

willie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya ill stay with the bike i have at least for now i like honda reliability hardly any problems just a new tire and muffler. If i was going to upgrade mabe ill go to F4i and stay with honda+

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Don't waste your money going from a F4 to a F4i. That would be like going from apples to apples. Why make an almost lateral move.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might actually get a suzuki gsxr 750 or gsxr 1000 or a 954RR or a 929RR then they sould be enough.

Gibby

·
Registered
883 Posts
R6, GSXR600, F4i, you couldn't really call any move between them an upgrade, though any one may have more of the characteristics you want than another.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Out of the 600's power wise, the R6 is known for it's high end power and the kawi has the most power down low than the other 600's.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just sold my F4i for$6,500 only had 4,800K I am going for the 750 gsxr. F4i was an incredible bike I just had too many 600's and wanted an upgrade

·
Registered
430 Posts
depends on the dealer? If you buy a new GSX-R, the dealer HAS to give you the rear seat AND the plastic cowl. It is part of the bike and comes shipped with the bike even. If a dealer tells you differently, then tell them you will call Suzuki of America at their store and inform them that the dealership will not give you what you paid for.

'I wanna race.. who wants to sponsor me??'

1 - 20 of 26 Posts