Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking a buying a crashed '99 GixSix (plastic and pipe damage only)... I want to procure ALL of the plastic for the Telefonica/Movistar model, but the dealer won't allow me to buy it because the original bike wasn't a Telefonica model... Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks....Ed

"Viva Ducatisti" /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
793 Posts
Go to a different dealer or order the plastics online from a distributor. Although, I thought the Telefonica model was '01 or '02 even. I don't know they have the plastic. I may, (likely), be wrong though.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was just thinking about this predicament and putting myself in Suzukis shoes why would you offer the plastic for the Telefonica model becuse people will just spend the money for the plastic instead of having to buy a new bike! I think they should offer it, but it is a business and they want to make as much as they can!. Try calling Suzuki direct and see if the plastic is available.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Just have somebody replicate it for you. Also you can adapt the 01 bodywork onto the pre 00 models.

its all in the transitions

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't see why the dealer won't sell you the pastic. The 600m model is only $250 more than normal. It'll cost you more than that to buy all the plastic. So technically you earned a 600m just like any of us that actually paid the $250. Maybe they just wan't to help keep the number of telefonica bikes down. One reason I bought one is because it has a different look and I knew there wouldn't be 20 more in my town like it.

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
There are no policies that I know of from Suzuki regarding selling the plastic, but we are checking. Honda did have a policy on the Smokin Joe replica that the dealer hd to provide the serial # of the bike the plastic was being ordered for before the order could be placed.

BTW, '02 plastic on a '99 will require some fabricating but probably is possible

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best buy on new plastic

I have crashed and fixed many Suzooks. Midwest Action Cycle is buy far the best and cheapest place to buy new Suzuki plastic. Good Luck!!

Drive fast, Take chances!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts