Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a '01 1000 B/W for around $8500. The bike is in showroom condition, not even any dirt or scratches on the undertray or back of swingarm. Bike has 1194 miles now. Full coverage tank bra put on by dealer, the ownwer seems very mature. The rear fender hasn't even been touched yet. I am trying to sell my '00 750 for $6000 and finance the rest to get it. What do you guys think? Will it be worth the difference in price to upgrade? I have by no means mastered the 750 (or my R6 for that matter) but I am responsible and am well aware of the power factor. I have been practicing wheelies and looking forward to some nice 4th gear standups on the 1000. I also am proficient in the leaning department, dragged peg on the 750 already! For some of you who have ridden/owned the new gen 750/1000 are there major differences in handling between the two? I still have the R6 for the corners so it's not a big deal. Anyway I'm done rambling, I'm just so excited!

P.S. My gear will match the 1000 if I get it. I look pretty funny with my blue suit on the yellow/black 750.

My toys

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would think you'll have more fun just sticking with the 750. Wheelies are more about skill than about power, but I'm not sure which you are more concerned with: riding ability or stunt ability. If you just want to do stunts, get the 1000. If you want to be a better rider, the 750 will teach you more since it's easier to ride in the upper reaches of the performance envelope. Also, if you ever do track days the 750 will be much easier on you and better to learn on than the 1000.

you'll probably get the 1000 though--who can resist that much horsepower? Only people who are very mature about their riding and what they want to do.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
With a name like squid, it's hard to believe you just said that. /images/icons/tongue.gif

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Damn Winko, I just posted a few seconds after you did in pudding7's thread (Flat or Threaded), and here you go posting a couple minutes after me. Haha.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think you are going to have a hard time selling that 750 for $6000 after it's been totaled the way it was, unless you lie to the future owner which would be WRONG!!! The 750 for me was easier to go faster on when the roads became twisty then my 02 1k. As far as wheelies go, the 750 has no problems doing them. You don't need the 1k to wheelie. I could do stand-ups in 3 gear no problem on the 750, so don't buy the bike for that reason. And yes the 1k has a WHOLE TON OF POWER/images/icons/smile.gif!!! and by no means is a slouch in the handling department, you just have to spend a lot of time paying attention to your throttle hand.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't be buying it to do better wheelies. I am already doing 3rd gear standups on my 750 and R6. If I do go to a track day it will be with the R6 anyway. I'm not going to lie about the title because that would be wrong. I am just going to explain to the buyer why it has the title it does and that there is nothing physically wrong with the bike. Thanks for the responses guys.

My toys

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hell yes! Blu/wht Suzuki's rule. And like you said, your suit matches the R6 and the 1K. The opposing argument for color is sometimes you feel blue, sometimes you feel yellow. Whatever that means. Anyway, get the 1K and ride maturely. And let guys w/ M4 equipped TLR's ride it too!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey 996TLR, are you back in town? How was Jamaica? I have a few pics of the bike. You want to see them?

My toys

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's a lovely machine. I was on the mountain this morning (11 am) and on the way down, I passed a group of 8 or so sportbikes. Were you with them? Heavy traffic today, no fun. So what is the likelyhood of GSXR1000 for you?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The chances are good as long as I can sell the 750. Tell everyone you know so I can sell this thing.

My toys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts