Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
Just wanted to say it dipped into a FREEZING 50-ish degrees here, just had a blast on a 200+ mile ride up to the mountains to the cafe, and back, blasting through the turns on dying 208's /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :coolgleamA: :kaboom:

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me you don't mean Alice's. Tell me you didn't come like 20 miles from my house and not let me know about it to have a ride. :bird:

·
Registered
479 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
Just wanted to say it dipped into a FREEZING 50-ish degrees here, just had a blast on a 200+ mile ride up to the mountains to the cafe, and back, blasting through the turns on dying 208's /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :coolgleamA: :kaboom:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe... yeah, I was wishing I had put the liner in my jacket today, or atleast worn a long sleeve t-shirt. :grin: Those 50's get a little chilly.

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah I didn't go to alice's.

isn't hwy 9 BEYOOOTEEFUL!??!

No my rides are "local" usually an hour away by freeway from home. But you cover a lot of miles goin there, riding on the mountain, and comin back :laugh:

I'll let ya know when I'm in your neck of the woods, porrada :waytogo:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm sorry you had to suffer in that cold weather Novos. I had a nice 70 degree ride on Sunday around the lake here in Austin. It snowed Christmas Eve and was 70 again the day after Christmas and will be that way all week until a cold front comes through this weekend and knocks it down to the 50s. Then I will be freezing again like you.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
JoshN said:
If you're still in town and want to go for a ride, let me know. Of course, it's raining for the next few days though :bawling:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and today was nice and I was running errands and stupid crap like that. *sigh*

I went by the Ducati/Honda shop on El Camino in Mountain View ... any idea if they're good? I need to find a shop but so far the feedback has been pretty lukewarm on the local mechanics.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
Porrada I'd practive bending over and grabbing your ankles more and more the closer you get to 16K miles on that bike, cuz you're gonna LOVE how much the vtec valve adjustment costs. :crazy:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehhe....well, let's see:

Labor Cost (per hour) ~ $85
Aprox. valve adjustment - 5-6 hours
Aprox. Cost - $wait until 32k miles

:wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts