Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
eMotoMech
10,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greenville Cnty Sheriff\'s -vs- Durhamtown Resort

I saw a report on the Fox5 Six O'clock news about Durhamtown Resort and how the Greenville County Sherriff's want to shut them down. I can't find any info on Fox 5 ATL's website(as usual their site sucks :smirk:) about the case between them...but the Durham's website has a link with info on it.

The report interviewed the parents of a teenage boy who died after he went off a stunt ramp for the first time. I'm sad for the boy and his family, but they even showed home video seconds before the crash(didn't show the accident) where the boys step father was videoing and obviously gave consent for him to launch off said ramp for the first time :smirk:

They also showed clips of many families who love the place and had nothing to say but great things about the family atmosphere and emphasis on safety.

The Sherriff's said there have been over 300 ambulance calls for accidents there in the past 4 years and they want it shut down. Even though they have only had 4 deaths. I wonder how many deaths they have had on public roads in their county in the past 4 years? I'm guessing alot more than 4 :crazy:

How do you all feel about it?

My view is that it's a great place that provides a controlled enviornment for people to have fun on dirtbikes and ATV's :smile: I feel bad for the people who have died there and their families, but motosports are dangerous. Especially when you launch off a huge ramp made for stunts for the first time :crazy:

If anyone can find any info on the case or situation please post up.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Re: Greenville Cnty Sheriff\'s -vs- Durhamtown Resort

[rant] Shut it down. Burn all motorcycles. Stop manufacturing guns, and cars and pencils. Put rubber padding on all hard surfaces. Stop selling hot coffee. And make the guy who videotaped his step son killing himself the president of the United States of America. :flame:

Gal DAMM, we're becoming a nation of idiots. :bawling: [/rant]

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
Re: Greenville Cnty Sheriff\'s -vs- Durhamtown Reso

That's like me suing the NC DOT because I ran out of the road because there was a turn. I'm sure there are plenty of ambulance calls to ANY dirt bike park. People go there go better their skills, therefore they're pushing the limits of the bike & their skill. Accidents are bound to happen. Guess they should shut down the next highway a teen wrecks their car on ~

JM

G

·
Re: Greenville Cnty Sheriff\'s -vs- Durhamtown Resort

If you didnt know already that kids name was michial mixen.He went to my high school I didnt know him but some of my riding buddies did.I was told by a friend that had some classes with him that he was a pretty good racer/rider,she said he would talk to anyone about mx or sx racing and he loved riding more than any thing.

All of us that ride or race that I know have said the same thing about his death and that is "if you think about it wouldnt most people want to die doing something they love doing?" "Seriously wouldnt you?" I know I would

if you have any questions about anything E- mail me at [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts