Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
as you know i had strayed to yamaha for a couple months, but i have been with out a bike for over 5 months now....
I just talked to my buddy tim, and he is sellin his Muzzy Raptor to me!
#7 of like 55 or so....only 5000 miles on it for $11,000
so im off to the bank tomorrow to get some moolah..
I was going to through withdrawls w/o a bike. let me tell you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dude - that's wikid!!! - gotsta post pics, and a quick impression of how strong that motor actually is....

Raptors have an 835 cc bored and stroked 7R plower plant - supposed to pull like a train - was talking to Doug Meyer - Muzzys main man on Labusas about it...he says it works like a dream...very special machine....it'll eat gixxer 1K for breakfast....

Ray Stringers do a similar kit which i'm gonna get in the winter time....supposed to put out well over 145 rwhp....!!!!

enjoy!!!

Things To See, People To DO....

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
You'll have to post a ton of pics when you get it! That is a pretty sweet lookin' bike..

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are one very lucky man. I've been trying to get a hold of one of those for awhile. Most of them have been raced so to find one that is still complete is a real keeper. The price is a steal.

Fear is a darkroom where negatives are developed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is it the real-deal 850 Raptor, or that pseudo 750 Raptor that Cycle World rode a few years ago. Also does it have the single-sided swingarm? That option alone added over $3000 to the price tag. If so, it would've cost over $25,000 new. Cool bike. 149 rear wheel horsepower. 178 mph top speed.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry guys its the 750 version, no single sided swing arm, but........he had the motor tweaked and built some more so it has and i saw the dyno chart......159hp!!!!
unfreakin believable!

·
Registered
51 Posts
U'll definitely b unique on da streetz!!! I can't w8 2 c tha pics! How did u get 159rwhp from the 750 w/o a bore & stroke increase?

N it 2 win it!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW, here is a pic he sent to the site a long time ago when esportbike was in its infancy...lol
Not a bad bike for me, considering i've riddin the street for 2 yrs and im only 19....

·
Registered
283 Posts
I remember that pic - it was posted on here quite a while ago...the bike was on sale if I remember correctly....if you look for raptor...actually the post is prolly gone..erk....

Things To See, People To DO....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts