Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice from you EXPERTS

Has anyone seen the numbers and looks on the Graves f/s for the 02 r1???

Any f/s suggestions for the 02???

I'm looking mostly for performance and a high pipe that has that sharp race look vs. the curve look (Micron, Quill, Mig)

I think i will be leaning toward the Graves, Akra, or M4
But I'm not sure because I don't even have the damn bike yet

I don't like Micron anymore (they're kinda feminine, especially the rainbow color)

"What was i thinking when i bought that thing???"

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If money is not a problem, go with the Akrapovic. That many superbike teams can't be wrong. Besides, the Graves system isn't exactly inexpensive.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Funny how you have a picture of that scorched titanium pipe in your profile! /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't it true that the Graves makes more power than the akra (for the R1)???

Hey kevap, I was just kidding, I'm mad I don't have mine to look at anymore.
And i think I'm going to try sumthin new this time...change is always good as long as its not from an r1 to a gixxer or honda;-)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like the Micron rainbow LOL

I like SQUIDS....especially deep fried dipped in TARTER sauce

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah..i have heard that the graves does make more power then the akro. As far was the world superbikes goes, sponserships says it all. Hell, if huffy made a pipe and paid me id use it. /images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>Mile High Sport Bike Association (MHSBA)</font color=blue>

·
Registered
79 Posts
A friend of mine just put a full Graves on his 02.. he said it made a big difference,but he has been playing with the PC2 a lot also.. Have heard good things about graves.. Just put a Yosh on my 99 and it works unbelieveable.. Going to the Dyno soon,but feels like it picked up everywhere above 4000.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've heard that Grave are made just for racing so you lose some midrange and they aren't perfect for the street, but I still believe they are a good pipe. I'd get an Akro if your after power though. Might also consider the Leo Vinci.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts