Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
congrats, poindexter! Way to apply yourself! :applause: :waytogo: :wink:

[/ QUOTE ]I got paid the other day and it was 5 figures if anyone cares. Not bad for 30 days work huh...... :grin:

Actuallly good job on the grades..... :waytogo:I should have paid more attention in school. :waytogo:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
congrats, poindexter! Way to apply yourself! :applause: :waytogo: :wink:

[/ QUOTE ]I got paid the other day and it was 5 figures if anyone cares. Not bad for 30 days work huh...... :grin:

Actuallly good job on the grades..... :waytogo:I should have paid more attention in school. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an offer to go over and work in Iraq. I think it was 750 a day on a 2 year contract they were willing to pay me, but it was a very... how to put this... active job. I declined. I figured if the Marines decided I wasn't medically qualified anymore to be a Marine and I still havent been able to get a decent work out in since I was discharged that going and doing something very physically active would not be the best idea in the world. Be a risk to those around me at that point and not a good idea. Ah well.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Be a risk to those around me at that point and not a good idea. Ah well.

[/ QUOTE ] That is called an adult decision. I am sure we have lost some people because guys were not as thoughtful as you.

As much as people tease me about being old here. I know what it takes here and I still have that.

If you get better come on over..... :waytogo:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
[ QUOTE ]
Be a risk to those around me at that point and not a good idea. Ah well.

[/ QUOTE ] That is called an adult decision. I am sure we have lost some people because guys were not as thoughtful as you.

As much as people tease me about being old here. I know what it takes here and I still have that.

If you get better come on over..... :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

In a heart beat. I think I will just stick to trying to get into racing. Not as physically demanding as being infantry. Though to be honest, if I got better enough to come over there I would just over turn the medical discharge and go back in the Corps. I would rather be a Marine infantryman then anything else I can think of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts