Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I guess I'll be stepping up from my '00 to a '02! I'm just not sure if i will like it as much as my '00! I definitely like the looks of the '00s better than the new ones but, I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I think! How does the fuel injection compare to the carbs? Is the riding position comparable to the older ones?Help me out guys, any insight on this transformation would be welcome.
I will be selling my '00 if anyone is interested! It's absolutely "flawless", 3000 mi, cleanest blue '00 anywhere!
E-mail me if interested.

Thanks on any info guys,
James

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
3 years and 3000 miles?!?!
If you liked it so much why didn't you ride it? Why the change?

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This August I will have my bike "two years"!!!!!! Bought it late '00. Since I got the bike I have had alot of things come up to keep me from riding it as much as I would have liked. The reason I am selling it is because I've got the fever for a new one,(blue). Practially a "new bike" in every way ! I'm sure I'll miss it and probably will wish I had it back, but we all know how that goes.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I just broke 5000 miles in 5 months. Most of it was over the winter...

And switching to the 02 all I have to say is atleast it is not a Gixxer lol...

I rode with a 02 today and my 01 barely keep up, it is a good bike I just wish I would of waited...

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
airmen...ain't nuttin' wrong with a gixxer! juss playin'.

i put in 4300 in 3 months. i think i'm addicted.

i'd get an R1 if i didn't feel so damn big on it.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
jabuan.. this is your conscience speaking.....

There is an R1 in your future... it will make you a chick magnet (and judging from your pic you need it)... SpidermanSS will change your sig pic at no charge when you convert....!

Just kidding jubuan.... Good luck with getting a new R1 dude, those are some nice pics..

http://www.tobefast.com

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Im 6 3 and sat a guy told me it looked like I was standing up on the bike when I was riding it, The R-1 is not as wide that is what makes it handle so well I guess

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm 6'7" and I feel pretty comfortable on my 02 r1. There is a little weight on the wrists around town but, once you get moving it alllll better :) I'd say go for it!! The fuel injection is amazing!! Good luck whatever you do...

2002 R1

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I would save your $$$ and keep that incredible 00' R1. Put some miles on that poor bike, it needs to be ridden.

Triumph Sprint ST

1 - 12 of 12 Posts