Got my vented clutch cover!

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Wingman99 
#1 ·
Feast your eyes on this puppy! /images/icons/smile.gif

See less See more
#8 ·
Very nice John!
What did this cover cost you??

btw, I've finally received my Bagster Tank cover, I'll post pics when I have them...

Be afraid, be very afraid!

#9 ·
Hey Duc,

Sweet looking cover. It looks great on the bike. I've been debating not so much about getting one but which style to get. I love the one you have but also really dig one I saw on the motowheels website. Geez, you'd think it would be easy to blow all my retirement money.

Oh yea, how does it sound compared to the stock enclosed unit??

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

#10 ·
JoBu! You're retired? You really need to give that CF fender to one of us poor working stiffs! ;)

Nice cover Duc748, I've been thinking of getting one too... give us a report after a few weeks on how you've gotten used to the extra noise or not?

I've heard you'll either love it as part of the Ducati experience or hate it.

M.

#11 ·
Oh no, kramrd...I'm not retired. LOL...I don't think I'll ever see that. I am too busy spending my future retirement money... Unless I hit Lotto, I'll probably be bagging groceries well into my 80's. I just hope I'll still be able to ride my Duc to work. (Who knows, I might impress some young cashier) /images/icons/tongue.gif

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

#12 ·
Thanks guys.

There wasn't alot of dust when I took the stock case off however there was a bunch caked onto the inside of the cover. Since I don't have compressed air at home I just grabbed the shop vac and a toothbrush and kinda went at it as best as I could. I figure whatever may still be in the assembly will blow out once I actually take her for a ride (hopefully tonight).

Pimmie, the cover was quoted to me at $90US but I was charged $113; I'll be making a phone call today. /images/icons/wink.gif I ordered the unit from http://www.teammcc.com out of Chicago. I'll be keeping an eye out for your pics of the tank cover.

JoBu, there are a good number of styles to choose from when it comes to the vented clutch covers...this was the one that stuck in my mind the most. If you remember my old post this cover was used on the Ducati 888. As for the noise...it's loud! /images/icons/laugh.gif The stock setup will allow you to hear the clutch rattle although it is very muted and the vented cover is a loud metallic rattle. I like the sound though. In fact, hearing the dry clutch rattle for 3 days straight at DRA really made me want to get one badly. /images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I've heard you'll either love it as part of the Ducati experience or hate it.

<hr></blockquote>

My wife hates it. LOL /images/icons/laugh.gif

The attachment in my last initial posting doesn't work, please use the URL within the text body to see the video clip of the cover installed with the bike turned on.

#14 ·
LOL! I would like to see a vented clutch cover on a gsxr once! /images/icons/wink.gif
I did see a plexiglass one once though, that looked great...

Be afraid, be very afraid!

#15 ·
I took my first ride with the new cover on last night...man does it sound cool! /images/icons/cool.gif It's really loud and I found myself turning off the bike at the lights if I wanted to talk to my friend but I don't care. He thinks it's sweet and it looks really nice on the bike against the yellow. I'll get some pics of the bike back together and post them soon.

My bike feels like a true Ducati now. /images/icons/wink.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.