Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couldn't pass up the $50/mo. deal Yamaha was offering. Bought my 02 R1 last Thursday and love it. Ready for break in to be over though.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
COME ON!!! What is this FIFTY a month BS????
I saw that commercial - What's that all about anyway???
That's like 18 years of payments at ZERO interest!!!/images/icons/laugh.gif
Seriously though - What's the deal? I spend more than that on laundry/dry cleaning!!!

·
More bikes than brains
5,319 Posts
you pay 49$ a month until January 2003, then they raise your payments and interest rates to be able to get all their money in the allotedd payment time (36, 60, 72 months ect.). At least thats what my dealer said, he also mentioned that just going with a bank is cheaper in the long run... just have to decided between the R6, GSXR 600 or GSXR 750

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats! I couldn't pass up that deal either - just got a red/white R1. What color did you get? Let's see some pics!

-b-

There are many ways to die but the worst is by not living.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Congrats Trink. I am so envious, soon enough...Thursday can not be here soon enough.

~A

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Most people like I think Frost might do is just refinance the bike at the end of the year! 3.9% interest on a toy? no matter how long it sounds like a good deal to me!

just make more than a $50 a month payment and you'll come out clean in the end

<font color=orange>Antisigtite Bastage</font color=orange>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Exactly... but i was surprised to find out that the interest rate on the R1's only jump to something like 11% or 11.9% at the end of the year. That's not a great interest rate but it's better than the 18% that it goes to on an R6 - and probably only within a point or two of what i can get through my credit union.

-b-

There are many ways to die but the worst is by not living.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
my was 30 a month for 6 months at 3.99 then goes to 17.99. r6 01'. just transfer the balnce to a loan or loan interest credit card. i had a taxdeductable line of credit thru my pops at 4.75%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts