Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was in an accident awhile back (July 24th 2001), and I've just got another bike. In the accident, I hit my head on the ground, putting a scratch about 6cm long on the right chin side of my helmet (that's the only damage). I know you're supposed to send it to the manufacturer to get it safety tested... does anyone know how long this takes to get done, and how much it might cost? I'm pretty lazy, so I'm still using that helmet, but I'm not a dumbass - my life is at stake here - so I'm going to get this done as soon as possible....

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Depends on the manufacturer..but it usually takes a couple weeks. And you can probably expect them to tell you it needs to be replaced. Your insurance (or the other guy's) should cover a new helmet though...

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I would recomend getting a new helmet. There suppose to be able to take just one impact. I don't know if you helmet hit like that or just got scratched but if its your life I would go with a new helmet if possible.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If I hit my head on the ground, I don't care scratch or no scratch, I am getting a new helmet. My head is priceless.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Put that helmet somewhere where you can look at it and admire it. Get a new one to put on your head.

Want to go fast? I'm one to go fast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts