Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, sorry if this has been asked a number of times..

I am going to a Micron Highmount Slipon. Will I need to adjust the carbs? Should I be looking at getting Ivan's needles?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey brother, Im doing the same thing with my FZ1, but im going the low mount way. From all that I've heard, you can just leave it alone, but you may lose some low end grunt and responsiveness. Ivan's jet kit will bring back that. The slip on alone will increase your mid-range and high end, and if you do the jet-kit, it will increase power through the whole rev range. I already have my slip-on, and have the jet kit in the mail. If you have money to burn, get it dyno tuned as well. Good luck friend!

New 2001 Black FZ1!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, man.

I can't wait to get the pipe. Ordered it last night and I am contemplating the Ivan Jet Kit. If nothing else, I get the pipe and then get the needles if I feel I need them...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, have fun! I an going to have my micron on for about a week before my jet kit is on also. Even if it runs fine, im still doing the jet kit. I don't want to run this thing too lean for a long period of time, which is what will happen if you run the slip-on without adjusting the air/fuel mixture. I'll let you know how it feels though after this saturday.

New 2001 Black FZ1!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the high mount on mine and didnt do any adjustments. It runs fine, and wait till you here the sweet sound of that micron. Enjoy. Here is a pic if you havent seen it already.

01 R1

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
THAT SUCKS! I want that REAL high mount now!

I added a micron slipon and I have installed ivan's needles. I've had it with and without needles. I say if you have the extra money then get the needles. It will run smoother with them! At least mine does! /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me, I wish I could afford the Akro Full High mount (or one of those wicked underseat exhausts). However, I am on an allowance and I am selling computer parts to finance my exhaust...

Getting kids (2), just finished the basement, new leather couches... Just don't have that much money....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, well they really hamper when you are adopting. Nothing like starting off with a large bill when you get them... :)

But, we can't wait....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts