Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy is a harley dick but he was showing me a garage door opener in his acc.catalog that is wired into your lights so when you roll up to your door you just flipbetween high and low beam and up goes you door. have you guys ever heard of these,can i get it anywhere but harley?its $129 from them must be cheeper somwhere else.

http://esport.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/files/5-251436-12r.jpg

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Haven't heard of it but it's a cool idea...... I just use a tiny remote that fits in my pocket.

/images/icons/wink.gif/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I guess if you've got $129 just laying around it's cool.

I just use my opener in my jacket pocket. I can even push the button without taking it out! For free!!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I clipped mine to the fairing support. No one ever notices it. If they check out your bike they aren't looking at black metal bars that, to them, don't do anything.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I made one...Bought a programmable garage door opener from Radio Shack for $20. Then bought a little push-button for about $1.50. Just opened the controller, soldered two wires to the button on the controller, and put the button at the other end. (add the new button in parallel to the old button) Then I sealed up the controller with silicone sealant to keep it waterproof. The controller was mounted up under the little triangular black fairing piece on the right side, and the button went under the starter switch on the right clipon. It's worked perfect since I got the bike, in all kinds of weather...and I don't even have to take my hands off the bars to open the doors. If you didn't know it was there, you would never notice it..

Check the attachment for a pic..it's kinda big though..You can see the button there, and the small white wire that goes down the top of the fork..

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
572 Posts
I got mine from loews 20$ it is a little bigger than a matchbox.I got 2 strips of velcro and velcroed it inside my, fairing got a little piece of rubber with sticky stuff on one side cut it in a small circle to fit over button so it sticks out can push it with gloves on.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
that highbeam, low beam one wouldn't be to secure to lock up your garage. anyone could break in with that.

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

that highbeam, low beam one wouldn't be to secure to lock up your garage. anyone could break in with that.

<hr></blockquote>

They have to know about it first...

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts