Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious what you guys with FZ1's think of you bike so far? Are they comfortable for long rides? How is the performace? Has anyone put a corbin on yet?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lets see. Yes its comfortable, more so than my 929 (and they're pretty comfy). Performance is real close to the 929, but has more low end grunt, it doesn't have any soft spots, and its real smooth and revs out hard. The suspension and brakes work breal well too. I haven't put on the corbin seat, but sat on the FZ1 with a corbin seat at the bike show and its a definite improvement over stock. The link that has been provided to you in the first reply is where I spend most of my time, so check it out!

New 2001 Black FZ1!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
ryandu, you're from mpls, what's up? This weather is getting real annoying isn't it?

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh, the weather is bad all over lately, I mean it would have to be for me to be bored enough to go into a Yamaha showroom.
Actually i usually hit all the shops to check out the latest hardware, even the V-Rod, look out all you 1k gixxer and R-1 guys, that one will blow you away, well, at least that is what the salesman told me!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The FZ1 is a great bike for sport touring. My friend has one and the only criticism I have is the handlebars are too high. You can fix the bars with a lowering kit Yamaha has available. It feels a lot heaver then an R1when you ride it but it still handles respectably. My friend has a bad disk in his back so for him the riding position of the R1 is too aggressive. I think it is the best sport-touring bike out there.

wildRS, the only thing the V-Rod can hope to keep up with is their owner’s egos. Being so close to Milwaukee I am sure all the new V-Rod owners will be looking to race rice. @ 115 crank hp and 650 lbs. the V-rod has a ways to go before it keeps up with Japanese sport bikes. Let not even waste our time talking about handling.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you are saying tonykart8, but the salesman was actually convinced as he was giving me the rundown on the performance specs, anyway I had to add that comment!
Has anyone heard if they will import the 600 Fazer to the US?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey jmoney, yeah I live in Mpls, and weather has sucked, but its WINTER, its suppsoed too! (I Guess) I have been riding here and there, anytime its above thirty I try to ride, i was out tuesday actually before the snow, and will be out again probably this saturday.
The v-rod even being close a sport-bike? Come on! I'd put any of the 600's up against that hog, andyes, they better hope there's no curves anywhere!

New 2001 Black FZ1!

·
Registered
237 Posts
WildRS, I heard that next year they are going to bring the Fazer 600 to the US. I guess Yamamha marketing is playing with the idea. I heard 2003 will use the current r6 engine with carbs. It would be nice if it was EFI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts