Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there's a NEW tire test in the june issue of SR... and it includes the latest metzler sportec's, bridgestone 012's, and michelin pilot H2's...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I was all set on the Rennsports and now youre going to confuse me more?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I just saw that too! I was set on either the Pirelli Dragon Evo or the Supercorsa. I like the properties of the Supercorsa in street compound, but I'm scared of it because there isn't any tread near the edges. I ride in decent weather, but i've been caught in some rain before. The Dragon Evo's seemed to be a good 'street' version of the Supercorsa. Then.....the Sportec's kicked some bootay! Now I gotta think about the Metzelers. Jeez.

Since I'm going down to Sears Point in a month, I'll do my best to shag my OEM Pilot Sports so I can get some new rubber for Laguna in July. Hmmmmmmm, decisions decisions decisions.......

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
SUPERBIKE mag.(may 2002) gives the new Avon49/50SP great reviews. Not for nuttin, but there is a picture "Little Boy"Jamie riding a GSXR600 w/ knee and elbow on the deck-damn! And that series of tire is supposed to be lined up against the BT-010,D207, and Pilot Sports. Ive had my elbow down a couple of times but it always seems to be at the end of my rides.( Earth-sky, earth-sky, earth-sky ,sky-sky-earth.)
Anyway, I guess we'll just have to find out how the Brits rate these tires when they do the Euro tire shoot-out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't know what you guys are riding, but for my money, the new Michelin Pilot Race in the "H2" compound is about the best combo of high performance street/track rubber. I use the S2 & M2 compounds (soft and medium)for the track, but if you need a tire that does it all, the H2 is awesome. Comes up to temp quickly, good feel and doesen't seem to mind a lot of heat cycles. Then again, opinions are like assholes...

·
Registered
359 Posts
How did the Bridgestone 012ss's perform?

<font color=blue>On the Gas Kickin Ass</font color=blue>

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just finished a track session with the 012ss and they performed great. By the end of the day I was able to get them to slide but the slides were very controlled and predictable.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bladeruner69:

Did you run them at Thunderhill? If so, what times were you running?

<font color=blue>On the Gas Kickin Ass</font color=blue>

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just had a set of Sportecs spooned on a few weeks ago. Great decision. Turn-in and front end feel was a tremendous improvement over my oem/crappy 204's. btw they are on a SuperHawk. Just checking out Track day info at Road America this July.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Blue,
Yes I did run them at Thunderhill, unfortunately I did not get any times. I have found good prices on the H2 so they will going on as soon a I get my 17in front wheel.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Here's a website for a Michelin tire distributor. The guy who runs it is a bike fanatic, racer and a really good guy.
He basically took on the distributorship so he can support his bike habit. I'm not telling anyone where to buy their tires but at least give Alex a try and support a fellow rider.
http://www.afmotorsports.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts