Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
It was written in the scriptures!!!! Nostradamus TOLD ALLLLLLLLLL!!! Their will be a evil force that will arize out of the middle east and reign hell and brimstone on the western world!!!!!!!!!!!! That man was Saddam had he had to be done away with.

·
Registered
745 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
evander said:
Just adding a little fuel to the political fire

[/ QUOTE ]
Please don't point out the Right's mistakes to them. It just confuses them. You aren't supposed to REMEMBER why we went to war, just that it was the RIGHT thing to do. WHY we went didn't matter. Jeesh, stop cluttering their minds with facts and reality. It makes their brains hurt. :808993-banghead: :808993-banghead: :808993-banghead:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
now you've done it you leftist commi homosexual lover, you call yourself a patriot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

where are you anyway...I see PRC and think Peoples Republic of China

edit--oh I see Shanghai....yea, I think thats in cuba somewhere? :lol: :tongue:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
because this is about protecting the American people

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's a good protection, some 10thousands of insured and 1000+ killed- oh, wait, these are soldiers, no citizens.

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
I still remember when Haru asked if anyone was ready to "eat crow" and everyone here freaked out and thought he was the anti-christ.

Guess what? He was right. :smirk:

The truly scary thing is that I have no doubt that there are those here who will insist that there really are WMD's somewhere, we juuuuust havent found them yet. :rolling:

·
Registered
745 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
The real reason we invaded Iraq was to stop the violence there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, all I can say to that is.....

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! :waytogo: :waytogo: (Sorry, no time to find the Bush flight suit photo-op pic)
:808993-banghead: :808993-banghead: :808993-banghead:

·
Registered
796 Posts
The REAL reason that we are in Iraq has not been publicly stated by the Administration. It can't be. It should NOT be. For those with extreme myopia, political bias, conspiratorial paranoia, or lack of common sense -- NO it is not for the lucrative Haliburton contracts to fatten Cheney's pockets, or for the oil (how much oil have we gotten out of there so far?).

When you build a "fort" in the middle of an area, surrounded by your enemies, you do not declare war on all of those enemies surrounding you until AFTER you've build your fort. Iraq was the best choice for a forward base of operations in the Middle East. It was governed by a a leader who had a history of defying U.N. Resolutions, amony many other things. He was not an Islamic leader, as the leaders of so many other Middle Eastern nations are. Therefore, we were much less likely to incure the wrath of Islamisists everywhere by removing him. Is there chaos and fighting in Iraq? Sure, there is plenty. What would it be like if we had gone into Iran or Syria? Worse. Iraq, for so many reasons, was the ripest for the picking. And it had to be done sooner, rather than later. For those who believe that we should have continued to wait to make our move, are you one of those who was upset that all of our waiting got us the events of 9/11?

Believe what you want. Despise and distrust the Administration if you want. I don't care. Some things needed to be done in the Middle East... NOW. Long before Bush got in the Whitehouse plans for that were being drawn up. President Bill Clinton and Senator John Kerry expressed their desire to remove Saddam from power because they felt he was a threat. Also, to attempt to create an island of democracy in the Middle East, thereby hoping that freedom would spread and militant Islam and terrorism would have it's antidote. The VERY same things that the current Administration has been doing. That is one of the more well-known reasons for removing Saddam. That, along with the not-publicly-stated reason of establishing a solid base from which to combat terrorist states are the REAL reasons we are there.

Scoff, laugh, smirk, and joke. It matters not. But I am glad that someone has the courage to do SOMETHING in an effort to turn the tide of terrorism that has been building in the Middle East. A bunch of dead insurgents in Iraq beats the living hell out of a bunch more dead Americans on our own soil. Our servicemen and women, God bless them ARE protecting our freedoms and they are fight the battle OVER THERE, instead of picking-up the peices of their relatives over here. I have witnessed SO many of these brave men and women, even after being injured or seeing their comrades killed in action, who just want to get back to the front lines with their fellow troops and who STILL support this war and what they're doing over there. So keep track of your grizzly totals of our servicemen who've been killed and tell yourself that makes you their biggest ally. But sometime, just sometime, turn the volume down from the nightly news and actually COMMUNICATE with one of these brave men or women and ask THEM what they think this war is all about and what THEY are fighting for. There are websights all over the net where they are able to communicate via email and internet forum (like this one) and they are more than happy to tell you of their feelings and experiences. Get your news first hand and talk to the people whom you desire to bring home. Find-out what they want for themselves, their families and for America.

For those who think that laying low, passing more resolutions, and cow-towing to terrorist states is the way to peace, I give you 9/11.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
For those who think that forcefully planting a seed of Democracy creates a basis for regional cultural and political change I give you Vietnam.

[ QUOTE ]
Red_Label said:
For those who think that laying low, passing more resolutions, and cow-towing to terrorist states is the way to peace, I give you 9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Exactly. No one on any internet forum is going to change the mind/politics/beliefs of anyone else. It's arguing for the sake of arguing. What a waste of time. :808993-banghead:

Which is exactly why I try to stay out of such things, and devote myself to much more worthy pursuits. Namely, coming up with lame one-liners and picking on the elderly! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Which is exactly why I try to stay out of such things, and devote myself to much more worthy pursuits. Namely, coming up with lame one-liners and picking on the elderly! :crazy:

[/ QUOTE ]

:bow: :bow: :lol2: :lol2:

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Red_Label said:
When you build a "fort" in the middle of an area, surrounded by your enemies,

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha! :lol: :lol:

red_label, talk is cheap. if you really believe that, sign up for duty and go to iraq yourself and kill a few people for america and risk getting a couple of limbs blown off yourself.

tens of thousands of iraqis are dead. thousand plus americans are dead. hatred against americans in iraq amongst the families of the killed, crippled, made homeless, humiliated, brutalized is vicious. In other words, its dead [censored] serious [censored]. your sitting here, nice and comfy and pontificating on why people have to die and be kicked around and have their homes blown up and kids have to die in a foreign country and come home missing limbs and guts is worthless.

you believe it, go fight it. It is all to easy to promote causes where somebody else has to do the dirty work or be at its receiving end.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
slorch said:
Exactly. No one on any internet forum is going to change the mind/politics/beliefs of anyone else. It's arguing for the sake of arguing. What a waste of time. :808993-banghead:

[/ QUOTE ]

:lol2: :lol: :lol2:

You forgot fat people and the disabled :808876-nono:

·
Registered
796 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Haru said:
[ QUOTE ]
Red_Label said:
When you build a "fort" in the middle of an area, surrounded by your enemies,

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha! :lol: :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... manna from the Gods. Thanks for that bit of wisdom Haru. By all means, single something out of my post that tickles your funny bone and then post a few icons. I could have taken more time to choose my words more carefully for your sake, but it still would have been the very same waste of time that it already was.

But do me a favor, stay the hell off of your high horse. All of your smart-azz remarks and "insight" haven't changed a thing in the world for the better. Have you done what I suggested in my email? Have you talked to those who are now over in Iraq or who have been there? I have. And I know one thing, THEY put their lives on the line every day for what many consider a larger cause than themselves. THEY are doing something to at least TRY to make the world a better place. THEY make a difference!

Now go back to blessing us all with your astounding insight, wit, and acheivement. :bird:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.