Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE: 1990 YAMAHA FZR400

This was an AFM race bike so most of it is already safety wired. The speedo has been removed by the former owner/racer so the mileage is not correct. The gauge reads 28000, and the odometer reading on the title is blank. Don’t have the cash or the time to really get this project going. It is registered until DEC 05, street legal and clean title on hand. It does need some TLC as you can probably see from the pictures. Mechanically I would rate this 8 of 10, 10 being best. Engine is super strong and starts right up. Just needs chain cleaned and lubed, and I think the left front fork has a slow leak. The tires on now have plenty of tread, but probably aren’t the best for hard riding. Cosmetically it’s not that pretty. I’d say 5 of 10, but that’s what usually happens to race bikes. It wouldn’t take too long to get it pretty again. Fairings are not shown on the bike, but they are included. I was going to start racing it in lightweight, but decided to just focus on middleweight w/ my 748. I did register it and have taken it back and forth to work and is pretty fun to ride. This bike is hard to find, but would make an excellent starter bike for racing, or a good project for the street. Parts are pretty easy to find as it is pretty much the same build as the FZR600.

Here’s more information about the bike and what it comes with:

- cylinders bored, stock sleeves replaced with FZR600 sleeves.
- dyno’d at 59.8HP (sheet included)
- 60mm ARIAS pistons installed making them 450cc
- pistons designed to use FZR600 rings, no special rings needed.
- ported, polished and balanced.
- slotted cam gears, lobe center set at 104 degrees intake & exhaust.
- less than 1000 miles on strengthened engine
- K&N jet kit installed.
- rare FOX twin clicker rear shock.
- Progressive fork springs.
- Barnett clutch.
- steel front brake lines.
- aftermarket starter cover.
- 520 chain conversion.
- steering damper.
- Kerker exhaust and aftermarket header.
- TONS of spares (street stuff, sprockets, signals, gauges, tranny parts, etc.)
- 3 sets of side fairings & tank cover (not perfect, but workable condition)
- spare set of front and rear wheels
- original owners manual, FZR400 service manual on CD
- new oil and filter
- rear swingarm stand

Asking price is $1800 obo for bike with everything listed.
I've thought about parting out the bike and would probably make more $$ by doing so, but I just don't have the time to do so. Bike is in San Diego. If you’d like to check it out, send me an email at [email protected] or call 626-523-0410. Will deliver to LA area as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.