Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Frans, and Dianese

2K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  DUC748 
#1 ·
ok, I could care less if I was paying more than retail for service the likes that Frans provides. I fired off an e-mail to him the other day and he replied in a very quick response time.

Not only that but he recommended a few jackets that would be similar to the new T.Age for my wife that she may try on to get a better gauge of the size she will need. He pretty much told me hold off on the order or reply with the wifey's measurements and he will be glad to look in his history to see what like built women have ordered.

Additionally, he said if I can wait, to hold off a lil bit as new colors are coming out in the VERY near future.

Ok a business that tells me to hold my money as I may get more bang for the buck can only get my continued business as well as my appreciation for the level of service afforded to me.

Guys and Gals, if you are in the market for leather, please do yourselves a favor and give frans a call / e-mail. You will not be disappointed.

~Andy

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

See less See more
#3 ·
Here is an email from Frans from when I had to replace my first leathers when I totaled my bike last August. This is typical of all correspondance I have ever received from him.

My letter...

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Thank you so much for your phone call in regards to my order as well as sending out this email a day early.

Gloves

Looking at your catalog pages found at the link you supplied (thank you), the T-Age gloves that I wish to purchase would be model 021B (the middle pair). I measured my hand across the knuckles and get 8 inches as the measurement. As I stated on the phone, the RR gloves in size medium seemed to fit well.

Protectors

What is the actual difference between the Backspace 2 and the Bap8/9? The BAP8/9 appears to provide more coverage of the neck and tailbone as well as offering wider armor panels. You stated that the Backspace 1/2/3 offers the honeycomb interior which lightens the weight of the product; is this the only advantage? I am looking for the most coverage/protection as my recent crash involved myself sliding into a guardrail back first at about 15-20mph. The armor supplied in the Flash 2 was adequate but I have to think that if the impact had been 6 inches higher it would have hit my spine. Dainese apparel is not common in my area so I have never seen either of these protectors in person only on the Internet.

Pants

What is the benefit of the P217 pants over the P103 pants? Do the pre-moulded composite protectors offer better fit/protection than the standard composite protectors?

Jacket

On the phone I stated that I would prefer the yellow shoulder armor over the black in the Flash 2 jacket. Thinking about my gear as a whole, The T-Age gloves have the black carbon armor and my current full boots have the same armor on the shin plates. I think I would rather have the black armor on the shoulders now, sorry to be of trouble. I believe you said you do not expect to get the Flash 2 jackets in black with the black armor until the end of September. This is fine with me as I am unable to ride currently from injuries sustained to my left shoulder in the crash.

Sizing

In regards to the jacket and pant sizing, I originally wore a size 50 in both. The jacket was slightly loose in the chest and upper arms. The pants fit well in the calves but were slightly loose in the seat, thighs and waist. I know the leathers are supposed to offer a snug fit but I am concerned that if I drop down to a size 48 that some areas will be too tight and well as too short (sleeves and legs). Currently I wear only a t-shirt and boxers under the leathers but as the weather turns colder I will most likely wear thicker undergarments. I guess it is a trade-off isn’t it? Given the measurements supplied to you in my order, will a size 48 in both items be too tight fitting for sport riding?

Thank you for taking the time to go over my order with me and answering the numerous questions I am now writing back to you with. I learned of http://www.dainese.be from a number of individuals on esport.sportbikes.com and have heard nothing but good things about your place of business. Your phone call and email have only gone to prove the good things spoken of you. I will be sure to pass on the word to my friends when they are in the market for motorcycle apparel.

John

<hr></blockquote>

His reply...

Hi John,

If a size medium in the RR gloves were the right size, then a medium in the T-Age glove should be OK.
We have the color 021B in stock and the glove is put aside for you.

Concerning the back protector, the level of safety of the Back Space models is higher then the old BAP models.
This Back Space model is also the model used now by the Grand-Prix pilots. The Back Space models have also a
higher impact resistance, due to the honeycomb structure.

The protections used in the P.217 model are Techno protections. (the same as they use in the Flash 2 jacket).
These protections have the highest level of protection. ( a level 3 times higher then required here in Europe to achieve the E-label)
The big advance of this 'Techno' protectors is that the protectors, what ever happens in case of a fall, always stay at the right place and can not move to a place were you loose protection.
Concerning the size of the pants, do you wear a size 31 or 32 in a casual jeans ?
I wear a size 31 in a casual jeans and in the P.103 pants, I have a size 48 and in the P.217 pants a size 46.

The Flash 2 jackets (now with black carbon and black stiches) are indeed normally comming out of production end of this month, beginning of October.

Concerning the sizing, for the jacket you indeed often have to find a compensation between use in summertime (only T-shirt undrneat the jacket) or driving in colder periods (with some thicker clothing under the jacket).
Did you already use your jacket and pants for a longer period or did you buy them recently ? As you probably know, leather can enlarge after wearing it for a time uptill 10 %.

I hope my explanation help you a little bit further, please give me an answer to the few questions I asked, so we can help you to pick out the right size.

Thanks for making publicity for our shop and website.

Hear you soon.

Frans

<hr></blockquote>

~ It's weird, usually when you place an order over the internet you recieve the goods as requested. Not so with Frans. He receives your order over the internet and reviews it against your measurements supplied and sizes ordered then against his stock. He will then phone you <font color=red>from Belgium</font color=red> to go over your order and cover any areas he feels attention needs brought to. He then emails you a confirmation of your order from the phone call and with your final confirmation of goods to order he will ship the items to you. Yes it delays the order process as opposed to blindly shipping what you have requested BUT this method has to drastically cut down on the number of returns due to improper sized articles. I have never run across a business that takes this much time and patient to get the customer the proper goods than I have of Frans. He is a spectacular person to deal with. I made sure to send him a photo of myself in my Dainese gear to which he replied back...

A beautifull bike with beautifull (and safe) motorcycle clothing. The perfect match for a lot of pleasure. Thanks for the picture.

<hr></blockquote>

#8 ·
THe capacity of the lift is much greater than that of the old Mercedes above it. The thing even comes with these special wheels that will actually jack up and under the lift to move it around...with a car on it. It's a cool setup. He has way too many toys.

#11 ·
DAINESE SIZING CHART

EURO SIZE

WAIST

HEIGHT

WEIGHT

22”
5’0”
110 lbs.

24”
5’2”
120 lbs.

26”
5’4”
130 lbs.

28”
5’4”
140 lbs.

30”
5’8”
160 lbs.

32”
5’10”
170 lbs.

34”
6’0”
180 lbs.

36”
6’2”
200 lbs.

38”
6’4”
225 lbs.

40”
6’6”
240 lbs.

#15 ·
I'd be interested to see a cross-reference of Dainese pants to waist/length measurements. Anyone know of any? My pants size is 34W 30L.

I've given up on one-piece Dainese. I'm 200 lbs, 5'11", 7% body fat last time I checked. I barely squeezed into a one-piece T-age size 56, but the overall length is too long for me, so it poofs up around the ass, meaning questionable protection for the tailbone.

Being that Dainese one piece suits are designed to fit those who only eat salad, anyone who eats red meat and lifts weights has to go with two-piece suits for a correct fit. Okay, rant finished... Hmm.... Then again maybe it wasn't just me. Anyone have a one-piece T-age or any model that poofs up around your ass? /images/icons/laugh.gif Or does it fit snugly?

#19 ·
F1 -- great idea for listing the sizes, but not sure where you got your numbers? I'm 99% sure that for their pants, Euro50 is a US32....likewise Euro48 is a US30...and so on.
I bought leather pants 2 weeks ago and had to confirm this.
Also if you check dainese.be the sizing chart says this.

Also, people need to know that sizes differ for the different lines/styles of pants. If you buy the P.217 pants, you definitely need to buy 1 smaller waist
size. I think there is one other pant that this is true for
also.

#22 ·
Thanks for the address, but he replied to me the day after I asked for it here. He's definitely a good guy. We've been emailing back and forth trying to figure out the right size P.Keep pants I should get, and whether or not it will zip to my Ducati Dainese GT jacket. He asked me to measure the zipper on my jacket and said it should be about 27" long, and it is, so it will work. End of discussion. Most retailers would have just said "Oh yeah, no problem, gimme your credit card #" without offering any quantitative advice like that. He's definitely getting my business.

BTW, he did mention that my 35" waist should fit fine in the Keep's 52, since the Keep has more waist room than previous models which tend to run tighter. Dainese made it wider so it would be more comfortable while tucked in. He also mentioned that my 30" length would limit me to a 52, as a 54 (even tailored) would cause the sliders to end up too low.

#23 ·
Wow I just visted that site know and there prices are freaking awesome. I just emailed him with my measurments and am thinking about the techno pants because they are less expensive then the joe rocket speedmasters!!! Hopefully they have my size in stock.

Oh and what does it mean when it says. excl vat/taxes. Is the price they list that plus whatever that ends up to be?

#24 ·
You won't have to pay VAT if you live in the US. Note that the prices listed do not reflect the current exchange rates so expect a slight flucuation one way or the other; nothing drastic. If the techno pants are not available in your size (since they are a discontinued model) look at the p217 which are comparable; not sure how the prices compare though.

#26 ·
What is the usual shipping time from there to the states. Like say if I ordered something on this friday or next monday would it be here by may the 14th or 15th? Just curious cause I would really would love to hit the track on the 16th with the guys in the mountain forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.