Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know of any frame sliders for an R1 that don't require cutting palstic?

--
That which does not kill you can only make you stronger...

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
you might have to cut the fairing but IMO the IRP frame sliders are the best ones out there

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
IRP has a set that do not require cutting called "street" sliders... BUT... and a biggy at that is that the right side will look like it has something there to help if you crash but in reality... you won't. One fall and you will have to replace everything on your right side.

http://inturace.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product9.html

Also if anyone cares... IRP has NEW matching colors for our R1s and R6s. Here is the <font color=blue>BLUE</font color=blue>!!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I disagree with Kevin. If you have a clutch slider on the right side, it's much more stable than having just the one frame slider. I have an extra pair of street sliders if you want it. I will sell it for $40.00 + $5.00 shipping to US. It is black in color.
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input...

tabasaco, ill email you if i decide to go with those...

--
That which does not kill you can only make you stronger...

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Funny how he doesn't have the street sliders on his bike... instead he put the GOOD ones on! Just like I said! /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
466 Posts
Kevin,

Actually, these are street sliders. No drilling was required. But, like you said, the street slider isnn't that big. So for extra saftey, I added the clutch slider. The clutch slider is the slider right above the foot peg. You can pick up a clutch slider for $60 all over the net. Just do a search for clutch slider. I bought mine off ebay. /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts