·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All ...

Anyone have any recommendations for Frame Sliders(savers)? I've been
checking out the following site:

www.rippracing.com

They are up here in Canada and local to my area ...

Any opinions?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Yeah IRP are nice, and they work good. I think kneedraggers has them for $52 shipped.

<font color=blue>Love, Peace, and Adobo Grease!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
122 Posts
YamahaJohn,

the IRP (Intuative Race Products) frame sliders are pretty nice. And a great thing about them is that you can purchase the OPTIONAL end-caps for about $8.00.

Oh, and make sure to place a bit adhesive to the end-caps, EVEN if they fit really tight going on.

I took my bike to the dealer to get serviced, and upon picking-up my bike, noticed that my left end-cap was gone. (So I accused them of losing it - which was bad). But since I could not PROOVE that the cap was there when I left my bike to be serviced, I couldn't do anything. So I ordered a second set.

Then I noticed two days later that the left end-cap was gone again. (Geesh, the SECOND ONE)!! And I thought to myself..."Dog-gone squids, why'de they only snatch ONE end-cap while I'm parked downtown"? (So I replaced it the THIRD TIME - with the last one). But this time, while I was driving, I just happened to hear a slight "tinkle-tinkle," and looked-down in time to see it rolling away!! Blahhhhhh!!!

You see, because they went on so TIGHT (I used a soft-faced, rubber-head hammer), that I thought people were stealing it. I'm telling you, they were on TIGHT!!

So I pulled-over, found the little rolling bugger, and placed a strong adhesive on BOTH of them this time out. And since then, NO PROBLEMO'S!!

Click on the attachment to check them out.

In Christ: Raymond

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i ride a gixxer, and i'm leaning toward just getting the ones that you have to cut the fairing for. the thought of the bracket breaking and twisting the frame freaks me out.

<font color=green>I gotta study group at 11:00</font color=green>

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Here's a page with pics of the frame sliders on a bunch of bikes.

http://www.inturace.com/prdifs1.htm

My question about the 6R still remains. On the left side, it looks like that frame slider is right where the coolant tank is. Any solutions? (other than Vidal Sassoon bottles/images/icons/wink.gif)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts