Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 900RR and want to put frame sliders on, but I am not to excited about cutting the plastic. Has anyone installed them before? How difficult was it? Does anyone have pics and advice. Thanks

They don't call me LUCKYDUK for nothing........

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
LUCKYDUK~ Here's a picture of them on my '95 before/after I cut the plastics. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Before:

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
Get a door knob cutter from HOme Depot and attach it to your drill. Place masking tape on the area to be cut to prevent splintering of the paint. Drill a small pilot hole first. Don't worry, it's really easy.

Look at the "C" in CBR.

Gravity is a cruel mistress.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you go to intuative racing's website, which make the frame sliders, they have a picture by picture explanation of how to do it using a CBR900rr as a example. I followed it and it worked great. First remove the engine mounting bolt and put the longer slider bolt in, not all the way though, you want it to hit the fairing when you put the plastic back on. Put playdoo on the inside of the plastic and remount the fairing - you'll notice that the bolt head leaves an impression in the playdoo. The center of that inprint is where you make a pilot hole. If you can find a 1.75 inch hole saw, that would be a nice tight fit, if not a 2 inch hole saw will work. Drill from the outside in so as not to chip or tear the plastic and decals. Do the same for the other side, mount the sliders and there you go.

WMRRA #961
98' CBR900RR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts