Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While listening to your rant in the other post, I wanted to post these and agree but didn't out of respect for the departed. Anyways, heres a good laugh for ya...

:808918-ot:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
sorry, I never got back home last night

in my 21 years, the first time i was pulled over on a bicycle, I was 12 years old.

just out of curitsoty, how much crap does one have to take before forming an opinion?

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
apparently something I said between these two statements made poor mister jsem uncomfortable [ QUOTE ]
In my 21 years, Ive had a cop help me all of once. And Ive been hassled many more times then once. I see them pull people over for doing 75 instead of 70, yet ignore all the people that run red lights. Crack down on someone that wants to smoke a joint, yet never show up when I call and report gunshots. I trust myself to protect myself more then I ever will trust a cop to protect me, and doing that will put me in jail, yet a cop unloads on a little woman holding a potatoe peeler and gets a slap on the wrist.

I realize there are good cops out there, they may even vastly outnumber the bad apples. But I make it a point not to trust or engage in contact with any of them, unless it is absolutly necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the one and only time I ever called 911, noone showed up.

ive been pulled over and hassledfor no reason,

Ive been pulled over under false pretenses, resulting in the loss of my license, in court, the cop lied right out of his ass, but hes a cop and is "more credible"

yes, there are plenty of days that I haven't been assualted, or anything, but if i were, I always have a weapon on me that says when i call 911, its goign to be fora body bag

don't get me wrong, I don't wish them dead, and im sorry to hear about what has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently Im not allowed to form an opinion based on my experiences

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Ah..I kinda figured something like that.

Although I can kinda agree with your first statement. I know a few cops personally and they're great guys, but aside from them I've never been assisted in any way by any LEO.

In fact on my drive from WA to FL back in July, somewhere in east Texas, when I stopped for gas I noticed that my tire was flat with a big-a$$ bolt lodge in the center (unrepairable I found out later). So there I was, in the hot texas july sun changing loaded down blazers tire in the parking lot of a gas station. I even had to unload a bunch of sh!t to get to the jack. Then I notice a group of 4 or 5 texas state police standing at the door of the minimart watching. Not once did they even ask if I could use a hand...not that I did...but thats not my point. With all the crap in the back of my SUV and my Washington plates it HAD to be fairly obvious that I was a ways away from home.

Ok, rants done. If you want to hear more entertaining stories about my first two weeks driving to/living in Florida let me know!

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
my cousin works for the sheriff, hes a great guy, my momm has friends that are cops, and Ive had this same discusion with them, their response- "Id rather sit here and have this discussion with you, then deal with some of hte [censored] ive seen" I realize they aren't all bad. but they all look the same in uniform, and I cna't tell em apart, so I stay away from em all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts