Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Foggy\'s Words

Not sure if anyone's read some of Fogarty's words over on crash.net. He has some serious opinions regarding MotoGP riders and WSBK.

Basically says Rossi is the only rider special, and all of the others are no better than their WSBK counterparts.

check it out:

2004 MotoGP top ten: Valentino Rossi, Sete Gibernau, Max Biaggi, Alex Barros, Colin Edwards, Makoto Tamada, Carlos Checa, Nicky Hayden, Loris Capirossi and Shinya Nakano.

2004 WSBK top ten: James Toseland, Regis Laconi, Noriyuki Haga, Chris Vermeulen, Frankie Chili, Garry McCoy, Steve Martin, Leon Haslam, Troy Corser and Marco Borciani.

I think motoGP is deeper than WSBK. Aside from Rossi, the top 7 look fairly matched, but i'm not ready to rate leon haslam and steve martin with capirossi & nakano, yet.

Foggy also states his distaste for Hodgeson's WSBK title and says that he had no option but AMA and he shouldnt be proud to run to a domestic series.

Harsh words!

Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Re: Foggy\'s Words

[ QUOTE ]
Mladin needs to kick Foggy's arse. I would pay to see that!

[/ QUOTE ]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
Mladin needs to kick Foggy's arse. :lol: I would pay to see that! :lol2:

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, they seem to be cut from the same cloth. They both own(ed) the respective series they race(d) and neither has had a real opportunity to step to the next level to prove they are as good as they say they are although one could argue that Foggy has faced much deeper competition than Mat.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
netf4orce said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, they seem to be cut from the same cloth. They both own(ed) the respective series they race(d) and neither has had a real opportunity to step to the next level to prove they are as good as they say they are although one could argue that Foggy has faced much deeper competition than Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I have never seen any print that showed Mladin saying how great he was..... :rolling: I dont hear him brag about his 5 Championships.IMHO, Foggy is talking from the sidelines,a pretty safe place for him at that.The man in his time in WSBK, but now? An Armchair Quarterback is all I see from Foggy..

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
[ QUOTE ]
netf4orce said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I have never seen any print that showed Mladin saying how great he was..... :rolling: I dont hear him brag about his 5 Championships.IMHO, Foggy is talking from the sidelines,a pretty safe place for him at that.The man in his time in WSBK, but now? An Armchair Quarterback is all I see from Foggy..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall mentioning bragging. Both dominated their respective series and both are vey confident in their abilities to win at any level with the right equipment (both have said that) but neither has had a shot at the biggest show...that's all I said. I will grant that at one time Mat did say he probably couldn't beat Rossi on identical equipment because Rossi is lighter or something so there is a bit of difference. :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.