Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

copy/paste from mcn...
____________________________________________________________________________________

Foggy blasts FP1 critics

My World Superbike will be ready for Laguna Seca in July, says Foggy – and I’ll make everyone who doubted me look daft

20 Mar 2002
By Andy Downes

IN an exclusive interview with MCN Carl Fogarty has blasted critics of his WSB project.

Ever since he announced his FP1 would make its race debut at Laguna Seca in July, he’s had to deal with sceptics who say it can’t be done. And he’s fed up with it.

" So many bike magazines have been negative about what we have set out to achieve. They’ve wheeled out some old GP legend who says the whole thing will fail – but that just makes me want to try harder to make it succeed, " says Foggy.

For the full story, you’ll need to pick up a copy of MCN, out on Wednesday, March 20, this week.

Foggy is especially annoyed because, while everyone else was scoffing, he and team manager Nigel Bosworth were presenting their plans to the FIM. This is the body that will check the team has built the 75 bikes needed under homologation rules in order to race this season.

" I was half expecting the FIM to be a bit negative as well. But you could see they were seriously impressed with what has been achieved already and what we are planning to do " , Foggy told MCN.

Two years after he quit, Foggy is still WSB’s most famous face and he reckons the series has lost something in the meantime. He said: " WSB has hit a bit of a slippery patch over the past year, but I think we will give it a kick up the arse when we start racing. "

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and in other promising FP1 news. with bernicchia added to list along with suter and corser, foggy now achieves a "hat trick" of talent. damn it's good to have deep pocketed $$$ backing...!!! it makes all the difference. fortunately, most problems can be rectified and goals achieved simply by throwing money at 'em. copy/paste from mcn...
________________________________________________________________________________________

Aprilia man joins Foggy team

11 Mar 2002

Carl Fogarty has signed former Aprilia engineering chief Guiseppe Bernicchia to improve his chances of having the three-cylinder FP1 ready for track testing by the end of next month.

Bernicchia spent the past two years at Aprilia and is considered the man responsible for turning the RSV1000 into the fastest bike on the WSB grid after its disappointing debut in 1999. His contract with Aprilia was not renewed for this year.

Team manager Nigel Bosworth said: " Getting Bernicchia involved with the FP1 is just another indication of the seriousness of the project to get this bike on to a racetrack as soon as possible. He will be working closely with Eskil Suter at Suter Racing Technology in Switzerland.

More detail on this and how they team is gaining the confidence of the FIM, in MCN, out on Wednesday.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, down at daytona i saw some of the guys from the hooters suzuki team also wearing traxxion dynamics shirts that said... "it's not bragging... when you can back it up..." LOL

when i read that, i immediately thought of KING CARL... :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yeah put a guy with moderate talent on a surperbly dialed in bike that is easy to ride and Call him "King", shame on us. The reason Faggerty oops I mean never rode gp was that he couldn't. Ducati made carl the champ not the other way around.

Yeah I hate the guy.

Craig #222wsmc

its all in the transitions

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YYYIIIKKKEESS...!!! c'mon... tell us how you really feel... :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Why mince words.........Faggerty has stated many times his views on americans and such and people just dismiss it as "he is just being carl". Find out what **** Doohan thinks of him.

If he would just climb down off his high horse for a second i am sure he is a decent "bloke". I agree with the russell comparsion except russell is a even bigger di.........

its all in the transitions

·
Registered
129 Posts
i met a guy at Daytona that is from the same town as Carl. Apparently alot of people there think he's an [censored], including the guy I met. "Don't you know who I am? I'm Carl Fogarty!"

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the "boob" of blackburn...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.