Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My g/f just got a new truck and it does not have a tape player ( 05 Trailblazer to be exact ) It has the navagation system / radio with xm satallite built in but no tape deck . Now she loves listening to her music from her mp3 player but can not now that it does not have a tape deck .
So we decided to just make her a bunch of burt cd's well that didnt work either her cd player in the truck will not play burnt cd's so were out of ideas . Anyone here use a wireless fm modulator?
I was thinking about getting her one as a christmas present but I cant find anything that I trust . Anyone here use one or recommend one?

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Fuzz and I picked up those FM transmitters for our ipods, and they work really well. They have a pretty good range, and when I am at home, I actually use the transmitter to broadcast music around the house to whatever radio can be on. Worth the 30 bucks :smile:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Crudmop said:
Fuzz and I picked up those FM transmitters for our ipods, and they work really well. They have a pretty good range, and when I am at home, I actually use the transmitter to broadcast music around the house to whatever radio can be on. Worth the 30 bucks :smile:

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool can you point me to a link or something ? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

( edit) I just looked that up and found out that those are specifically designed for the Ipod. so that wont work because I want to use it for my minidisc player as well :wink:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
252 Posts
All you need to do is go to your local Best Buy or Circuit City and they should have it. You can by one that plugs into the headphone jack on your unit. It takes the signal and puts it into a FM one, The unit will have a selector switch on it to determine what radio channel it will show up on. It should be around $20-$25. You can find it in the car audio section. Wal-mart might have it but try those other stores first. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If it's for an iPod, I'd recommend the iTrip . I had one on my 1Gen iPod and it worked great. When I bought my 3G iPod it came with a free Belkin FM transmitter - it sucked. Drove to closest Apple store and got a 3G iTrip and all was better. It costs a little more than some but with no batteries (iPod powered) you'll get the $$$ back in no time. :waytogo:

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Get the new Belkin TuneCast II. Most of the other FM modulators require batteries. The TuneCast II comes with a power adapter for the car, so you never have to worry about replacing the batteries. Plus it turns itself off when the input signal goes away, so you don't have to worry about turning it off. When it's plugged into the car, the range and reception quality is WAY better than the battery powered ones too. Check Amazon.com, they have them for $30.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
BlueDragon said:
When it's plugged into the car, the range and reception quality is WAY better than the battery powered ones too. Check Amazon.com, they have them for $30.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the original TuneCast (a universal type of transmitter that works with any MP3 player), and even when I just run off batteries, it puts out a much stronger signal than my Griffin iTrip (for the iPod only). So far every radio I've tried the iTrip with has needed the iPod parked right next to the radio's antenna for it to sound barely decent, and even then the Belkin sounds 5X better. I'd imagine the TuneCast II sounds even better. The iTrip is garbage. Cool ergos, but useless (continuing the Apple tradition). It makes sense that the Belkin puts out a stronger signal since it supplies its own power, where the iTrip has to share power with the iPod. The stronger the signal, the less it has to compete with nearby radio stations trying to interfere with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts